Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by one.eyed.dog View Post
LUCY. My last dogs name.
Our friends had a cute little dog called Lucy, i have a daughter called Lucy (love the name!)

I like my Rolo, but would love a dog called Kernow, (Rolo would have been this but we decided it was more suited to a Black and White Springer (the cornish flag being b & w), so if we get another it may well be b & w to use the name.

Our Rolo was poss going to be Elton (for Watford fc) or Branston, (for pickle).
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Kiing View Post
Might be going out on a limb here, but is he named after the character from Wolf's Rain? He really does look a lot like that character.

Anton's my first dog, and we didn't change his name after adopting him, but I like it - think it suits him. :3

Someday I'd like to have a dog called Judas, and if I ever do get a Rottie like I'm hoping to in the distant future, he's gonna have to be called Jager. Odd ones, I know.
That's right yes he was named after Kiba from Wolf's Rain and now he's starting to fill out he really is starting to look like him. I was thinking of 'Tsume' for my next pup, but OH said it sounds too girly when you say it.

Jager is a pretty awesome name.
Kiing
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
That's right yes he was named after Kiba from Wolf's Rain and now he's starting to fill out he really is starting to look like him. I was thinking of 'Tsume' for my next pup, but OH said it sounds too girly when you say it.

Jager is a pretty awesome name.
Aha, I always wondered whenever I saw him mentioned whether he was named for the show. I watched a bit of the series a year or so ago, never got all the way through, though. Your Kiba definately resembles the character, especially his eyes.

Aww, what a spoilsport. Still, all those other names you mentioned sounded good to me.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Favourite name...Dexter, hands down!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Treacle!

As we've decided our next dog will be a rescue greyhound, I'm hardly likely to use it......
Why not Vicki? I think Treacle would be a lovely name for a gorgeous girly greyhound.

My favourite name we have used has to be what we called our rescue greyhound "Kyiro" much better than moody which was originally his name.
I've never heard of another dog with the name Kyiro either.
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
My favorite name ever is Mouse! It's so perfect for her, and seriously origonal! my dream name is D-Fer (D fer Dog! LOL) But it would have to be a perfect match for the dog. but I REALLY want to call a dog that one day!
my friend at work has a SBT called Deefer! It suits him perfectly
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 11:49 PM
I love 'normal' human names...hence Colin.

If it wasnt my OHs name I would go for Dave xxx
kelpiemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I love Luke I have GSD called Luke and I love it
Michelle
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:45 PM
My BC was called Maxwell after Robert Maxwell the newspaper magnate who stole from his company's pension fund years ago. My Maxwell used to pinch the plums out of the fruit bowl (Originally called Dannie by Dogs Trust but I didn't like it) Maxwell died on the 2nd of this month aged 15.

Meggie my staffie x was originally called Layla by Dogs Trust which I didn't like as there was an awful woman in the village who called her poodle Layla.

My Saluki (also Dogs Trust) came with the name Jasmine and it really suited her so I kept it. She is very beautiful.

When we first got Meggie (in August 2000 when she was about 11 months old)) she had been rescued by Dogs Trust/RSPCA from a Puppy Farm and DT thought she was having a phantom pregnancy so could not be spayed. They let us take her home to be spayed at a later date but as the weeks went by and she got fatter and then started producing milk it was obvious phantoms they weren't. Dogs Trust offered to take her back to have puppies but it would have been very distressing for her as she had settled in with us so well. She had nine very healthy pups which we looked after until they were 8 weeks (hardest 8 weeks of my life) when they then went to Dogs Trust for rehoming. I really enjoyed naming them all at such a young age - four males - Midnight, October, Magic and Waffle and five females - Bertha (she was Huge), Nutmeg, Chutney, Secret and Puzzle. Just 24 hours after puppies left Meggie started going through her puppyhood which she had obviously never had.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:55 PM
My favourite was Gideon, I named one of my boys that and he is known as Giddy for short...it suited him so well, he is one of those English Setters that is a sandwich short of a picnic His new owners also call him Giddy as it suits him so much.

My second favourite is Fabian, I also used that and his name is shortened to Fabey Baby, (I know it's longer but it seems shorter). His new owners also call him that

My favourite girls name that I used was Remy, but if/when I have another girl I would like to call her Elkie
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >