Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 11:48 AM

Well Done This Morning!

Just watching This Morning (the repeat on Saturdays) and there is a section on how to look after pets in hot weather.

They had a young girl come on with a staffy x.

The Vet went on to say that Staffies and their crosses are fabulous with children, have a bad reputation but the rescues are full of them and they are brilliant dogs and the dog and the girl had had lots of fun that morning.

Was really nice to hear some positive stuff on staffies for a change!

Staffy bit is from 2min 50sec in...

http://www.itv.com/lifestyle/thismor...petclub210710/

Alex
xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I saw that too and did think how lovely it was to see a staffie being shown in such a positive way. Well done ITV!
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 09:10 PM
There was something on C4 news aswell tonight. I missed most of it but what I saw was one woman with a lab and she was saying how they never attack etc.. A woman who supports staffies told her that actually they do attack and it's the owner not the breed that causes an agressive dog.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Oh, I missed that but would have loved to see it!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, I missed that but would have loved to see it!
If its the This morning bit...ive put a link in my original post
Grimalkin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I saw a doggie item on this morning a few months back, they had a vet on and one by one he called people down a small catwalk thing and announced what breed is good for different type of people.
When he said "now her comes the dog best for families with children" out came somebody with a staffy and philip scofield said "really??" and looked really surprised.
I thought it was really good that the vet pointed this out and said they are great dogs for families and also made a point of explaining that its owners and the way dogs are brought up that cause problems rather than the breed of dog.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Shame on Philip Schofield!

It is good when you see positive things like this...THe amount of people that have asked if we will be getting rid of China when the baby arrives... AS IF! i couldnt part with her for the world, and she is the most patient gentle dog with children....its just such a shame people go with whats in the papers!

Wish i'd seen that item....would have been interesting!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
There was something on C4 news aswell tonight. I missed most of it but what I saw was one woman with a lab and she was saying how they never attack etc.. A woman who supports staffies told her that actually they do attack and it's the owner not the breed that causes an agressive dog.
That was the interview with Allie Green at the Vigil for BSL this weekend.
Grimalkin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Wow, I can't believe people are asking if you will get rid of her, Its times like that, that show just how narrow minded some people are.
I think its great programmes like this are bringing things like this to peoples attention, This Morning is such a popular show too, so its great to see they are keeping this up!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Good for "This Morning", can't stand the programme but well done for them for telling the truth about this misunderstood breed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >