Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 09:50 PM

vitamins

hey guys, now officially changed indie over to raw feeding. what are everyones views on adding vitamins?
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2004, 07:55 AM
HI Jenny, I sometimes give my lot a treat with some good old smelly tripe and I always use a product called Stress on it.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Jenny,
It depends on exactly what you are feeding. Why not join a dedicated BARF forum & get some expert advice? If you give an excess of water-soluble vitamins there is not too much to worry about as the body will excrete the surplus. However, a build-up of the non-water-soluble vitamins can cause organ damage. Ian Billings, author of 'Give your dog a bone' seems to be the BARF guru at the moment. Have you read his books? You need to research the role of vitamins and the way that the body uses/tolerates them.

I would imagine that a multi-vitamin tablet specifically for dogs would not harm, but you should try to get the right balance of what is missing & what is present in the diet you are feeding.