Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Cava - have PM'd you

Kerryowner; he can do the weave but not very well, only done that a few times and he can do the 'under my leg while I kick out' but then I usually laugh and it yurns into a big game - oops
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Hiope you get transport sooner rather than later then.

It's a shame that people can be so arrogant when it comes to dogs. I know of a small Schutzhund club not too far away from me. They have serving police dog handlers doing the helping and training. They also put their own dogs through their paces there as well so that others can see the level of obedience their dogs have to go through.

Those are the only GSDs in the club though. They have a black lab, a light brown labradoodle, 2 spaniel type thingys, a brindle lurcher, an EBT and a few old fashioned mutts.

All the dogs in the club do the tracking. Most do the obedience depending on size and physical attributes and a few are able to do the schutzhund if assessed to be suitable.

Nobody there cares what breed of dog you have and even if you take along your dog who isn't suitable for the protection work, there's no reason why you can't do the companion stage (BH I think? - could be wrong though as I don't know much about it tbh).

So I suppose my point is not to lose heart over it. Those clubs you're not comfortable with are not worth going to for you and your dog. You'll find one that suits you both in a discipline you both enjoy soon enough.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks Stumpywop; I have since phoned and emailed a club about Working Trials (a workshop with John Rodgerson and knowing they do training at weekends) but we obviously wont be going there either as no one has got back to me.....

oh well, I have other stuff on, maybe after the summer we will find something...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2