Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2004, 12:59 PM

Beware of the dog signs

How many of you have got these signs up on your gates ,wall or fence?

I have been told that if these signs are displayed you are aware that you have a dangerous dog(in the laws eyes) even though it's a soft as grease, it should be restrained on a leash in your yard If your dog bite someone on your property there is more risk of having the dog destroyed than not displaying a sign.

As with no sign the dog would be starlled and if the dog did bite someone it would be classed as a natural reaction for the dog.

I have been adviced if i want to display a sign it should be DOGS RUNNING FREE OR LOOSE.

Just wondering if this true or not.
bitsy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi Leo

i have also been told that, i think i also saw it in the web somewhere,

strange though, you put up the sign for the good of your dog and the people and it is the innocent dog that pays the price if there are stupid people around
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2004, 01:06 PM
I have been given the same advice Leo, we just have a sign saying "dogs" I used to have an "I live here" sign with a pic of a staffy but someone said it could encourage dog thieves .......

It's a bit of a minefield really
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I have sign up it says 'S*d the dog beware of the kids'

I hope my kids don't bite anyone
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2004, 01:12 PM
LMAO good idea Staffy
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Well I have three signs on my front door.

the first is a pic of a SBT and it says "one step closer and you will feel my jaw"

the other is one of those funny "watch out staffordshire bull terrier about" and the last is "Staffords on Patrol".

If I were the intrude I would be more worried about the owner than the dog, we have an excellent alarm system in built to our house. Only cost us £70 and is a permanant fixture ready at all hours of the day and very very noisy, never fails to work and very rarely breaks. Her name is Kip lol. Best guard dog ever that wee thing, definitley does not have the Stafford (I will let you steal my house) nature very guardy little thing latches onto the arm straight away.

Excellent protector!

Laura
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2004, 01:27 PM
I havent got any signs, for fear of my dogs being stolen, but i do love the sign that says:

" i can make it to the gate in 5 seconds"
with a pic of a gsd on it
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2004, 02:43 PM
we have a ceramic sign with a rottie on saying "we have dogs"

i don,t think anyone would chance trying it when they can see harley thru the window
kimbastaff
Dogsey Junior

15-10-2004, 02:49 PM
I dont know how the law works where you are.. but here in oz if you have a sign that says 'beware of dog' then the dog actually bites someone you can be held liable... because... you knew your dog was dangerous thats why you put the sign up...... grrrrr...

Its a catch 22.... I dont use signs... but take one step towards my front door and you soon know there are several dogs behind it..

Donna
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Jas, my staffy is sneaky one. He won't bark or nothing if anyone comes in or knocks the door. He's too stupid I think

However, his looks are enough to deter anyone and I am with him constantly when he is out
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »