View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Aw i feel I missed this and I could have done with a good laugh...
What were we thinking people! So glad this was brought to our attention. We should get all our lazy pet dogs up off the sofas and start training them to do useful work!

Selkie is a Diva and Film star I of course will need a shock collar, prong collar and a big pointy stick to train her. I could probably get a clicker as well, but darn it all she's 13 yrs old and has mostly wasted her working life, so we'll need quicker fix training methods.

Pharaoh is already a well trained hare courser, (well amateur bunny worrier). When he is not chasing bunnies I can keep him in a box or put him in the cupboard. I'm not sure a choke chain will be a good idea though for him as he has a tiny neck, plus I need him to bunny run, so shock collar for him too then...

Kismet is of course a sled dog so I'll need to get a sled, We can hitch up to a sled and head off to town every morning. Then stake her out on the line by her kennel and feed her frozen fish and warm porridge.

Clearly I have work to do...
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Aw i feel I missed this and I could have done with a good laugh...
What were we thinking people! So glad this was brought to our attention. We should get all our lazy pet dogs up off the sofas and start training them to do useful work!

Selkie is a Diva and Film star I of course will need a shock collar, prong collar and a big pointy stick to train her. I could probably get a clicker as well, but darn it all she's 13 yrs old and has mostly wasted her working life, so we'll need quicker fix training methods.

Pharaoh is already a well trained hare courser, (well amateur bunny worrier). When he is not chasing bunnies I can keep him in a box or put him in the cupboard. I'm not sure a choke chain will be a good idea though for him as he has a tiny neck, plus I need him to bunny run, so shock collar for him too then...

Kismet is of course a sled dog so I'll need to get a sled, We can hitch up to a sled and head off to town every morning. Then stake her out on the line by her kennel and feed her frozen fish and warm porridge.

Clearly I have work to do...

rofl im just loving everyones comments on here. Well apart from the very first one that is
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
fantastic laugh ......every forum has to have one i guess lol
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:34 PM
but we are blessed with so many on this forum.. i think, apart from all the good advice. Lovely people, genuinely interesting debates, I love these threads... The ones that just wander off into absurdity.

It may be perceived as rude I suppose...

Ah well. Can't please all the people al the time.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm off to the local agricultural feed store to put an advert up...

WANTED
Farmer with local bulls who need rounding up and bringing down. Safety of bulls not guarenteed.
2 Boxers need some proper work to do before they explode.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tinnel View Post
i have just joined this site and already i am dissapointed. i love my dogs very much, all my dogs work and all are trained to a high level (as that is my job)
im strongly against breeding dogs for the show ring as this has led to the downfall of many many breeds, english bred shepherds can barely walk let alone do a days work, boxers can hardly breathe, show labs go lame at age 10, need i say more?
i also just saw on someones profile they believe their dogs are trained to a high level because they know 20 commands - is that a joke? my main working bitch will pick up shot game, stalk deer/fox annd trail and retrieve, drive cattle and sheep, she is trained in basic handler protection and still i would say she is "getting there".

also am i in the minority who dont think check chains cruel? i am a proffesional trainer who knows the neccesity for controlling a dog, and i dont need modern head collars or whatever to do it.
Well how did I miss this...

Tinnel, you are a real comedian...

Brill thread everyone... we need a good laugh now and again!!!!!!!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Wheres the original poster gone, must be busy with all the dogs bulls etc, or maybe just off talking bull.... some where else!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
In credit to the OP, he/she has had quite a prolific life. First, as a Romanian princess living in a county mansion owned by her rich mother with her 8 dogs. Then, she fancied a change and became a WAG, finding herself a rock star boyfriend and traveling all over the world. Then, she became a he (sex change perhaps?) and became a professional dog trainer, teaching Boxers to grapple to bulls in Australia and Pit Bulls as security dogs in the Middle East. Pretty impressive in all fairness.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:57 PM
LOL, well this has made my first day back at work a whole lot better! What a idiot the OP was, shame i missed out on all the soup!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Well, what a thread! Thanks for the laugh Tinnel! Sadly I cannot fit a horse and carriage in my back garden otherwise I'd quite happily work my carriage dogs as carriage dogs!

As it happens my golden oldie rescue dalmatian is well and truly retired and is quite happy to go for a nice stroll, have something to eat and then sleep. He was rehomed with us aged 11.5 years when his previous owner moved to Australia with her partner and felt it would be too much for her dog.

My 3.5 year old has just done me proud at the controversial 'Crufts' where we were nominated in the Friends for Life competition celebrating the difference special dogs have made to their owners.
She works, but not what she was bred to do, she helps me with my disability, gets me out and about and brought me out of a very bad time of anxiety and depression.
She does get a taste of carriage dog-ness by running alongside my mobility scooter and she loves it but no more than she loved doing agility when I was able to do it with her.

She will mean no less to me when she's old and retired and I most likely get another pup to train to help me. Even if I do get a new pup, she will always be the amazing, loyal companion that saved my life and she will stay with me for the rest of her life.

Both of my dogs are companion dogs and I couldn't think of a more 'valid purpose'.

I'm sorry you felt that this is not the right forum for you, but I think you may be right. We all tolerate and support each other here and if you don't feel you're able to do that you're probably best off looking elsewhere
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 >