Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks Vicki and Clare.

Well, according to the Gestapo who hold the fort on reception, I cannot KNOW whether my results are back until after 2.00pm They have a system ya see, whereby, they do all the appointments and everyfink in the mornings, then they have an hour and a half when they are closed for lunch from 12.30 to 2pm, and it is only THEN, that they will answer my question about the scan results......apparently!!!! *sighs*.............. where's me medication...... No wonder my bp shoots through the roof when I'm ill!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Vicki and Clare.

Well, according to the Gestapo who hold the fort on reception, I cannot KNOW whether my results are back until after 2.00pm They have a system ya see, whereby, they do all the appointments and everyfink in the mornings, then they have an hour and a half when they are closed for lunch from 12.30 to 2pm, and it is only THEN, that they will answer my question about the scan results......apparently!!!! *sighs*.............. where's me medication...... No wonder my bp shoots through the roof when I'm ill!!!!
Booger
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks Vicki and Clare.

That is ridiculous! I'd be writing a stern letter of complain to the practice manager about the appalling way in which you've been treated.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 02:04 PM
H, the pressure I had when lying down was due to the intracranial hypertension, for some reason the fluid seems unable to drain properly when lying down. If they can't control mine they would have to drain it, I see my ophthalmologist next week again to see if my optic nerve is still swollen.

If I were you, I'd go down to the hospital, with your MRI and say you need to speak to a neurologist as a matter of urgency, tell them you don't want to be x rayed etc or triaged. There is a possibility that the bang on the head has caused a build up of fluid, but you really do need to see someone, I know the waiting can drive you insane, but I think you're reaching a point when you may have to sit to demand some action if your GP doesn't deliver the goods this afternoon honey! xxxxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I can't believe this farce!! When my daughter came off of her pony and briefly lost consciousness she was kept in overnight for observation. I always thought head injuries should be taken seriously.

This needs sorting out, you shouldn't be suffering these symptoms for so long without someone sitting up and taking notice. If it were the dogs and a vet you would be changing vets pronto!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve it!!!!!

Just rang the quacks on my return from my afternoon nap and guess what the answerphone says????? "the surgery is closed for training purposes until 5pm tonight"!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!!!???!!!

Hi Lorna, thanks for explaining about yourself there, and I'm sorry you go through this, but I think this would show up on that MRI of mine and they would have kept me in anyway, they would never have let me out I don't think. Either that or they would have sent it to my docs as a matter of urgency, and I'm kind of taking the view that all is well, because it's taking the normal route via Royal Mail. If I do have fluid pressure, then it's in the outer membrane, not inside next to my brain, and my body is somehow managing to drain it, because of the relief I get now and again. I'm not in agony like you must have been and if I were, then you can bet yer bottom dollar I'd be doing a major sit in at A&E waiting for the right person, rest assured! Thanks Lorna.xxx

Yes I know Gill. I'm thinking along the lines that because I'm so old, I don't really matter

The good news is, it was a lot, lot better lying down this afternoon, nothing like it usually is overnight, and although it's still relatively the same, it's not quite as painful to the touch when I touch my hair. This morning the whole lot of pain had moved right down to my ear and neck underneath, maybe that was more fluid causing pressure there as it drained, I just don't know till I get some professional opinions, but if it was really serious, I honestly don't think they'd leave me like this.....or would they??!!

I was chatting to a friend this morning out on my dog walk, and she was telling me about the time the loft hatch door fell down on her head as she shut the front door and turned around, it knocked her out, and she had symptoms like mine for weeks on end, and yet she hadn't damaged her brain or cracked her skull, but her egg bump was right on the front top, whereas mine is on the top left side and isn't an egg at all, it's more the shape of the door moulding lol!

I will be ringing the docs at 5pm nonetheless and take it from there. Thanks again.xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Spoke to Gestapo on reception. She said results are back in the form of a letter. I said no, it will be a disc and a report. Yes, she see's it. Told her I don't just want it left there, I want to speak to a doctor ABOUT it please in case I drop down dead! She said that was a good idea, and she would get a doctor to ring me if only to put my mind at rest today. Doc rang. Asked me how could he help me???? I told him the saga, he didn't know about it......so said he would find out and ring me back in 5 mins. 5 mins turned into 25. He apologised profusely, said the results are NOT back in, she was mistaken on the desk, she had seen their "request" not the report (same as Friday then!). He told me he was going to chase it up first thing in the morning because they have gone home now, and he will put me on his hit list for a phone call when he's rung them!!!

That's the best I can get, so another night of not knowing. He was nice though, he apologised and said he quite understands my frustration, it should have been there by now, but there's nothing he can do about it until the morning. Jeeeeze, can you believe this? I can't! He did assure me that if there was a major problem, they would have known about it by now, so that's comforting I suppose!!!! (Oh I dooooo miss our rolley eyes icon!!!)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Spoke to Gestapo on reception. She said results are back in the form of a letter. I said no, it will be a disc and a report. Yes, she see's it. Told her I don't just want it left there, I want to speak to a doctor ABOUT it please in case I drop down dead! She said that was a good idea, and she would get a doctor to ring me if only to put my mind at rest today. Doc rang. Asked me how could he help me???? I told him the saga, he didn't know about it......so said he would find out and ring me back in 5 mins. 5 mins turned into 25. He apologised profusely, said the results are NOT back in, she was mistaken on the desk, she had seen their "request" not the report (same as Friday then!). He told me he was going to chase it up first thing in the morning because they have gone home now, and he will put me on his hit list for a phone call when he's rung them!!!

That's the best I can get, so another night of not knowing. He was nice though, he apologised and said he quite understands my frustration, it should have been there by now, but there's nothing he can do about it until the morning. Jeeeeze, can you believe this? I can't! He did assure me that if there was a major problem, they would have known about it by now, so that's comforting I suppose!!!! (Oh I dooooo miss our rolley eyes icon!!!)
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 05:36 PM
If it weren't so serious, you would have to laugh at their incompetence. What diobolical service which is totally lacking in common sense by the receptionist. Why say you have to ring back when she must have known that they weren't around this afternoon to take phone calls!

You WILL get to the bottom of this and hope it is tomorrow morning, first thing! I'm getting mad on your behalf!

Helen
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 06:00 PM

Do we have a WTF icon? These'll have to do!

H this is seriously outrageous!
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »