Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:29 PM

Hope this year gets better

Ok people are you ready for an insight to my life so far this year!!! and by god I hope things get better soon! And if some of you have read some my posts you will have seen me mention family issues....

First all my grandparents, both were raging alcoholics and have been for years - you get used to after a while! Anyhoo my grandfather fell ill (due to not eating and just drinking) in December last year and after a stint in the hospital he was released, and on Jan 20th we unfortunately lost him,which was a total shock as it was a normal day, he had visitors during the day and had just had some tea, and went for a nap on his favourite chair and never woke up, which we were thankful for, he was aged 67,may he rest in peace.

Then we got the news that my OH's uncle has cancer of the lymph which was a total shock as he is a very healthy 42 year old, he nearly at the end of his chemo, but like everything else it's had ups and downs, he's been very ill and has been in and out of hospital with flu's just incase it goes into pneumonia, so we are living in hope that after all this he will make a full recovery.

Through all this my OH and I had the most stressful move and 3 months later are still having teething problems, like our shower breaking and our landlord taking 2 weeks to fix it!!
And also my job totally sucks!!!!!!!!

Then 3 weeks ago my gran was taken into hospital and was diagnosed with terminal cancer, it was too far gone for them to do, she has bowel,stomach,pancreatic, colon and liver cancer, they haven't given us a time scale as they do not want to commit to anything, luckily my mum works at the hospital as a theatre nurse so she translates everything for us into plain english!! Gran is still currently in hospital, where they are doing more and more tests!
My mum is also ill with worry and my auntie being a total b**ch isn't helping, she isn't sleeping or eating and being diabetic she is constantly having hypo's, so she got a stern talking to from my dad and I!
My auntie is only interested in what's in gran's will and what she's been left!!! And has given my mum a row for not keeping her in the loop!!!
And then yesterday my uncle had an accident at work, he was grinding a bit of metal when the grinder bounced and got him in the face and neck 13 stitches later a chipped tooth, a bit of his nose missing he's still a sore bunny!

So as you can see I haven't had the best of years and sorry but I think my rant is now over!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Oh dear, what a dreadful time you've had of it, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandfather, and sorry to hear that your grandmother is so ill.

I hope your OH's uncles makes a complete recovery.

Fingers crossed that things take a turn for the better from now on. xx
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh Leanne, sounds like you've had a really tough year so far.. let's hope the second half of it improves somewhat. So sorry about your Gran, but she must be really grateful to have your mum around.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:49 PM
So sorry to hear all your sad news, I do hope things start to improve for all your family. Sometimes in life it's as if the bad luck keeps hitting you all the time. I hope the rest of the year will be better for you.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Like my auntie Cheryl (the nice one) and I keep saying....'things can only get better' or at least we hope!! and thank you for your kind words!! We just want to get gran home now, gran is looking to move nearer mum for when she needs to be cared for, and mum's work has been fab and have given her all the time the needs she needs off and for in the future aswell. And when Grandad died they were great to, wish I could say that about my work, I had to push to get the day off for his funeral, tbh I haven't really grieved for him as it's one thing after another! and I do really miss his cheekiness!
Eric will be fine, but he's VERY lucky, half an inch to the left and it would have been his jugular!!
But I just needed to get it off my chest, I felt like I was ready to explode after a really crappy day at work! xx
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh love x sending big (((hugs)))
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:27 PM
What a dreadful time darl... Rant whenever you want were always here to listen hun, if you ever need a chat just PM me anytime xxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Leanne, so sorry you have had an awful time of late, I hope the year starts to improve for you hun xxxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Life can be so unkind, your poor family, no wonder you need a rant.
I wish I could say something to make it better.
Just remember to look after yourself through this and hopefully things will get better. xxx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 09:03 PM
sorry to read about all your problems ,poor you how awfull ,isnt it just the way life is hey ive had horrible years ,i know how you are feeling right now .but there is one thing to be true ,it cant go like this ,with out lots of good things comeing your way sooner or later .like my mom says it will call come right in the end i look forward to reading about all the happy things comeing your way soon (i hope )
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >