Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 11:36 AM

Is this stress?

After my dad died suddenly in Feb theres been upheavals & so on. Not least the fact the post mortem is taking 6 months to come through, no death certificate. Bank accounts, pensions etc all frozen & worst of all house theyve been in for 40 yrs has to be sold. My dad was a compulsive hoarder

Whem mum had her stroke bout 6 yrs ago i moved back as her carer but kept my own house & glad i did now as that is where we are moving to. Mums v much a town person & my house is in v small village by sea/country so i worry at 88 how she will do. Its ideal for dogs as the back garden is huge!

Its suddenly hit me ive to hand keus over to the eztate agent next week & still loads to do & ive only my wee elderly micra!!

These past few days ive had this awful tingly itch from head to foot, more i scratch more i itch, even my eyeballs seem itchy, i know sounds crazy. Antihistamines useless. My back, wish someone would take a scrubbing brush to!

This morning i feel agitated & mind racing, sure sign my BP is up. Has anyone ever heard of a stress related itch?
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Sounds as if you have a lot on at the moment. I do think it could be stress. Find some time for yourself in the next few weeks and have a bit of a pamper. I think a lot of skin problems can be stress related, so look after yourself and try to relax. They do say that moving house is one of the top rated stressers and I hope you have someone to help you with the move.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Well by the sounds of all thats going on it sounds like stress.

Stress comes out in all sorts of ways.

Hope things settle for you soon and you can relax a bit.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
Sounds as if you have a lot on at the moment. I do think it could be stress. Find some time for yourself in the next few weeks and have a bit of a pamper. I think a lot of skin problems can be stress related, so look after yourself and try to relax. They do say that moving house is one of the top rated stressers and I hope you have someone to help you with the move.
I have discovered that folk are very good at offering to help but when it comes to the bit, they always have something else to do. Me and my ancient little Micra are doing it all, mum comes too and the doglets are left at mums. The dogs are beginning to feel neglected Still come the end of this week they will be down home for good and have all the wide open spaces.

Moving is exhausting!

The itch has settled thankfully. It was driving me crazy.

Thanks to you both for the sympathy - appreciated.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Please take some time for yourself - even if it`s a few hours under a duvet with a daft book. It sounds like you are doing a heroic job, and you deserve bit of time off.
Good luck with the move. I`ve moved lots so know what it`s like - and I`ve found the important thing is to unpack the kettle first and the bedding next and s*d everything else.
x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I have discovered that folk are very good at offering to help but when it comes to the bit, they always have something else to do. Me and my ancient little Micra are doing it all, mum comes too and the doglets are left at mums. The dogs are beginning to feel neglected Still come the end of this week they will be down home for good and have all the wide open spaces.

Moving is exhausting!

The itch has settled thankfully. It was driving me crazy.

Thanks to you both for the sympathy - appreciated.
AWWWW Helen, you are going through a lot at the moment, {{{{{hugs}}}} to you...as has already been said , stress can show itself in many ways.

I am sure when you get your mum home and settled,things will start to settle down for you
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
AWWWW Helen, you are going through a lot at the moment, {{{{{hugs}}}} to you...as has already been said , stress can show itself in many ways.

I am sure when you get your mum home and settled,things will start to settle down for you
Thanks everyone

Got back to the house tonight - mum informed me that we had yet to do the hotpress and dad had a lot of things in it. Find it very hard to pack his things away and take to charity.
I only got half of it done, too tired after working all day so will do the rest tomorrow
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Oh hon...... sounds exhausting, mentally and physically.

Big hugs - pleased to hear the itch has calmed down....

x0x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:53 AM
It is a really hard time all round. Stress comes out in so many different ways in us and in dogs.

I expect it'll hit you more when you have done everything and have time to grieve.

Good luck with your mum and the move.

rune