View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Apart from the fact I wouldn't be out jogging, I would have waited. I hate it when people don't give me enough time to get all my dogs on a lead and just come pounding up to you.
Becky
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 03:44 PM
where possible I will always get Monty to sit and wait whilst a jogger or cyclist goes past. He will do this off the lead and even if he's further up the tow path than me. However we've never come across a jogger with a dog.

If it was the opposite way round and I was the jogger which might I add won't ever happen as I don't do jogging then I would either slow my pace down to give the dog owner chance or I stay on the side of the road away from the dogs.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i wouldnt have crossed the road

i would have kept jogging with my dog my side of the road and crossed the road further down

i do jog with my dog, so do encounter such scenarios

aside from anything, i want to keep jogging, so wouldnt like obstructions stopping me

I agree,not that I jog, but if I was walking and saw the said scenario I would stay on my side and cross later on.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I'd wait or do the same as Krusewalker.

(The dogs might chase me otherwise )
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
where possible I will always get Monty to sit and wait whilst a jogger or cyclist goes past. He will do this off the lead and even if he's further up the tow path than me. However we've never come across a jogger with a dog.

If it was the opposite way round and I was the jogger which might I add won't ever happen as I don't do jogging then I would either slow my pace down to give the dog owner chance or I stay on the side of the road away from the dogs.

I agree with above - we see loads of joggers/cyclists with & without dogs & I always put Tilly back on her lead or in a sit focusing on me - sometimes I don't get enough time if they appear from nowhere so I'm always trying to look way ahead - and I don't think Tilly would do a sit if she's a distance from me & something exciting is approaching.
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I am astonished at the number of times I don't get a minute to call my dogs in. I am nearly always the one who crosses over too even though I usually have more than one dog with me!

A sarcastic "thanks" from me is not infrequent either!
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Going off the thread slightly, Yesterday walking my two hounds when coming over the dunes on the beach to go on the footpath/cycle path when noticed 3 cyclists coming towards me so started calling the dogs over. The pathway is seperated into two lanes and we were still in the walking lane when bikes were bearing down on us. Two go by third says get your F"ing dogs on a lead. I must admit some choice words were sent back in there direction and they stopped so thought here we go 1man against 3men, lucky for me they decided to ride off.We walk the dogs almost every day on the beach and i always make a big effort to to be social to all but from now on its me and the the dogs and sod the rest of them.
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't jog but I always wait if someone is trying to put their dog on lead for whatever reason-if walking down street I wouldn't cross over till we had passed-not everyone has manners and commonsense!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 09:09 PM
First if I was jogging....that would be a major

However one and two......is my answer
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Some people are completely ignorant, IMO. Hugs Rachel x0x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >