Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 08:13 PM

Grrrrr.....BT!

Well as some of you may know our internet has been sporadic at best after returning to BT. It has taken me 5 calls to the helpdesk in India (bearing in mind I work in IT for a living!) to convince them to send an engineer to the house.
Well, guess what? The engineer turned up this morning, did a diagnostic test on the cabling running to the house...result, best reading he could get was 'borderline'. Replaced the wiring into the house, internet up since the minute it was replaced and much clearer phone line.....hmmmmm.....think I'll go work for BT diagnosing faults. At least I know I'm in the right job!!!! Very proud of myself really
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2006, 08:21 PM
well you did extremely well to get over to whoever it was in the Indian call centre exactly what your requirements were.
I have given up totally with BT after I asked them to replace my deaf mother's telephone that had broken with a similar model, she received the bog standard one, and then when I rang, she received another one, and so it went on.
So I have changed her phone over to one where there is an English call centre who can understand her requirements and respond accordingly. Having had similar problems with my 3 lines at home (1 personal 2 business) I changed the lot from BT at the same time. So I am sure you are saving loads on wages BT - but can you say the same about your customer base? If you still have a viable one that is.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf
well you did extremely well to get over to whoever it was in the Indian call centre exactly what your requirements were.
I have given up totally with BT after I asked them to replace my deaf mother's telephone that had broken with a similar model, she received the bog standard one, and then when I rang, she received another one, and so it went on.
So I have changed her phone over to one where there is an English call centre who can understand her requirements and respond accordingly. Having had similar problems with my 3 lines at home (1 personal 2 business) I changed the lot from BT at the same time. So I am sure you are saving loads on wages BT - but can you say the same about your customer base? If you still have a viable one that is.
Don't think I've had gotten as far as I did if I didn't work on an IT support desk for a living!!!! Think I'll offer my services to train their helpdesk staff
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I had a major bust up with BT and if push came to shove-i'd rather use couple of tin cans and string than go back to them!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I had a major bust up with BT and if push came to shove-i'd rather use couple of tin cans and string than go back to them!!!
See, we had that same bust up but with NTL!!!!!
I won though, very smug face here! Impressed the boys at work as well until they were next in the firing line...now about those builders that didn't turn up today
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm still traumatised after my battle with BT over an intermittent fault on my line that they couldn't locate. I must have made hundreds of calls over a 6 month period and they had me convinced I was imagining it.

The automated system is like a merry-go-round in a horror film. I spoke to everyone in India. It still hurts to think about it. I had to stick with BT or I would never have got Broadband.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by pod
I'm still traumatised after my battle with BT over an intermittent fault on my line that they couldn't locate. I must have made hundreds of calls over a 6 month period and they had me convinced I was imagining it.

The automated system is like a merry-go-round in a horror film. I spoke to everyone in India. It still hurts to think about it. I had to stick with BT or I would never have got Broadband.
I just kept repeating 'send me an engineer' until she got sick of me and sent me an engineer. Since the new wiring, it's solid as a rock
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2006, 09:24 AM
there are several companies now who will take over your line rental, give you broadband and offer different call packages, and speak to you in English, and comprehend what you want.
I don't object in principle to speaking to a foreign call centre, what I object to is the lack of comprehension as to why you are calling them. It is not only BT of course, but I now make it a point never to do business with a company that has an overseas call centre, and my stress levels are now considerably lower!!!!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Dont even talk to me about BT have had major run ins with them over our second phone line at work, it was just after I started here and at least help me in that it showed my boss I wasnt a push over listening to me giving them grief and not taking any nonsense off them (well after being on hold for an hour dont think anyone would be willing to take the im just passing you to another department rubbish off them either!) boss was well impressed when my letter of complaint recieved him money off his bill too!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 11:10 AM
how lucky am i my dads a telephone engineer so we test our own line and repair it ourselves i would die if we had to wait for B.T
i don't mind talking to people abroad as long as they can actually understand your problem and can help you rectify it well done for getting your point across
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >