View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2009, 01:17 PM
What an awful position to be in. I'm so sorry. Having had to have a dog rehomed before I know how emotional and distressing it is, but to feel you have to because of a neighbour is even worse.
Have you other neighbours who have complained or is he the only one?
I would certainly have rung the police if he'd kicked in my door, that's damge to private property and surely an offence. It might make him think twice maybe?
shyart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I would never rehome my dogs for other peoples ignorance..never!!
I do know how it feels as i have a deep anger for my neighbours themselves.I was here 2 yrs b4 they came and yes had dogs,they were lovely at first then a few months down the line she had a baby,i gave them baby clothes minded there child for them invited them to xmas's and my childrens birthdays.Soon after i kept gettn the rspca around..i was like hello have you had another complaint? yes he would say im so sorry but i have to come and check..i said fine come on in,he adored my dogs they were not aggressive or neglected in any way.I asked what these complaints were for..oh he said it was that your dogs live outside,with no shelter(i was laughn my head of at this point as my dogs have a better life than me )also that your dogs are always barking(again more bullsh**,as they go out when they want a pee or poop and may bark once to come back in)they were also underfed(laughing again as infact my little dog is over weight and my boxer at the time was just right)and last but not least they were agressive( )even though the inspector at the time was laughing at this as my dogs were flooding him with love and hellos.He didnt stay long but said he was annoyed at petty complaints when there are animals in need of dire help.About a week later my little dog escaped and for some reason ran like the wind somewhere.Normaly he will come back after 5 mins or so,this time he didnt,i was frantic i knew something was up.I searched high and low,called the vets called the dog warden,nope he hadnt been found but they took my details if he came in(he wasnt wearing his collor at the time ).
Three days later i gets a call from the dog warden,he had been picked up.where from i asked? oh he said around your area infact number 59.AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! my neighbours.I payed 75pds to get him out and confronted them and believe me i put the fear of god into them(normaly im so quiet and jolly)they admitted it was them for the rspca to and they hated my dogs and my kids.Well since that argument never heard a peep since.
Do not let these weirdos bully you,ever!! it will never stop and they will find more reasons for bullying you.You have rights and please stand by them and stand your ground or call the police.
Sorry for a long post
best of luck
niki
xx
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-03-2009, 06:24 PM
You should never give in to people like this - they will simply move on to something else to complain about.

He should have been arrested for damage to your property. Did you not even report him?

I feel so sorry for your dog. Nothing would part me from mine, no matter what.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by mandydog View Post
You should never give in to people like this - they will simply move on to something else to complain about.
This is absolutely true. You believe you've done the right thing to get some peace, but I doubt you will, and you've lost your dog as well.

Ar*eholes will be ar*eholes, and all that
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
like the others have said ,its just a reason to bully you ,i would try the training class . sorry to read this .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2