View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Not sure to be honest, possible the council in which they live, maybe they visit to check no animals or signs of animals are on the permises.
If they get banned then are found to be keeping animals they will be breaching the conditions of their sentence and back in court again.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Yes i would imagine they would have have regular checks by RSPCA officers/council.

If taking my dog into court helps the case then i would be more than willing to co-operate !
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Update - the court case was yesterday and they pleaded guilty at the last minute - they got a five year ban from keeping animals. Theres another hearing on 27th March for sentencing ? can't see them getting a sentence, reckon they'll get a fine. Glad they got banned but its a pity it wasn't a lifetime one
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Suzi19 View Post
i have one question - banned from having animals - who polices it? how do they know that these people won't get other animals? It makes me sick to my stomach - do to them as they do to their animals
I always wonder about that one too?? They move, they get more animals, nobody is any the wiser

Glad they got a sentence, but in my view, it's far from being tough enough, as per bl**dy usual!!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I asked the RSPCA officer about this - i asked if they have to do periodical checks on their property and they said that they don't do checks but rely on neighbours reporting things to them but whats to stop them having animals anywhere else ?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I always thought the RSPCA couldnt re-home dogs untill after the court case?
what would have happend if they had not changed there plea to guilty, then won there case,
would you have to give them the dog back?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Hadn't thought of that - maybe there is someone on the forum who can answer that question ? - I know they had quite a few other animals as well - the RSPCA officer told me that they couldn't take them all away as no obvious signs of neglect (!) but now they have been banned obviously they will have to be removed.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 01:42 PM
should we start another thread with the question?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
the owner must of signed the dog over to the rspca...but that doesnt mean they have to admit cruelty-just that they dont want the dog anymore- so the outcome of the case would not have meant that the dog may go back to them as it was signed over. it is when owners dont sign their dogs over that they have to stay in kennels until the case is heard.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 01:50 PM
As far as i know the RSPCA were alerted by neighbours to come out to some horses of these people originally, the dogs were found accidentally (fortunately) they did not sign the dogs over willingly. Maybe we should start a thread asking this question...
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >