Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Im so angry right now

Just let the dogs into the garden as usual ... I noticed Toffee over in the corner eating something .... almost as soon as id spotted him he started to choke.
I rushed over , noticed a whole chicken carcass on the ground and wise or not stuck my hand into his mouth and managed to find a chicken bone that had lodged in his throat

To say im p****d off is an understatement
Who in hell would throw a cooked chicken carcass into someones garden ?
and why ?

My poor gorgeous dog could have died , it doesnt bear thinking about

I started shaking almost as soon as id got the bone out and havent stopped yet
, though now its more from anger than anything else

The vet said to keep an eye on him for 24 hours and to check his poo for any irregularities or blood

I swear , I ever find the a*****e who threw a cooked chicken carcass into my garden there will be blood
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Could be a cat or fox?
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Thats awful! ... What a scare for you! Hope everything is ok. Can't imagine why anyone would do such a thing!

Unless it was a fox or a cat stealing from a bin then dropping it in your garden. Even a crow or a seagull could have been the culprit. We have a terrible problem with foxes round here, all sorts gets dragged out of the bin bags and scattered across the drives.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not surprised you're furious, nor that you feel a bit shaky - perfectly understandable.

I think your post illustrates how vital it is for us all to keep an eye on our dogs even when they are just in our gardens - well done for being so on the ball and acting so swiftly!

Do you have neighbours who might possibly have seen someone chuck the carcass into your garden? Could a neighbour have done it??

I think you should have a stiff drink You deserve it!
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I hope your lad is ok xxx

I had a neighbour that used to do that regular grrr luckily enough I managed to grab them in time, I caught her the one day and explained, she said she hadn't realised so from then on it was raw that she bought from the butcher and she used to hang it on my gate

I do believe some people don't realise the dangers of bones
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I agree, get a stiff drink, what a scare.
I was thinking the same, could it be neighbours?
Mine neighbours did this with cooked lamb bones, not once but twice and Fred had really bad diarrhoea after them, I was not impressed. I'd told them the first time too not to give them anything but they haven't done it since thankfully.
So glad your dog is ok and that you spotted it. Big hugs for you xx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Glad he was ok, that would scare the life out of me as well.

As others have said though, don't necessarily assume this was a person being malicious (unless you have issues with neighbours, etc., in). It is more likely to be a cat or similar. The cats around here (including my own, most likely ) are awful at it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Sheesh..... that was lucky....

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them.....

x0x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:32 PM
If it was your neighbour that would be horrendous, but it's even worse when it's people you are going to be family with.. the in laws are always giving Benjie cooked Lamb bones, they'd see me fly right off the handle if they gave Louie or Sadie any though.. I do tell them it's not good for him, and yet they say the same to me when I'm feeding my dogs raw chicken carcasses and raw rabbit - but I watch my dogs carefully when they eat these and they take their time with it, warmed up bones smell nicer so they're bound to wolf it down!

Sorry that's my rant over.

It could be a fox or cat, you never know... A shot of whisky and you'll stop shaking in no time, it's done with and your dog is fine, if you worry about the if's then you'll never stop worrying and it ruins your life, I'd just check the garden in future as a precaution and to make you feel better
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
We live at the end of a cul-de-sac (so I dont know why its called a road , lol) but there is public access through to the other streets and the fields ... I get on great with my neighbours and they love my dogs , they chat to them over the hedge .... my thinking is its some daft kids pratting around , id rather believe that than someone maliciously threw it into the garden
I never leave the dogs unattended out there , but im going to be extra vigilant from now on

Toff's fine , bless him , he's been playing and taking treats just fine , his poo looks normal so far but i'll keep a close eye on him tonight and tomorrow just incase (dont know how long chicken bones take to come out the other end)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >