Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:06 PM
M&M can't be a*sed to go for a walk....

Murphy won't even get off his rump to walk down to the bottom of the field to see the chickens...

I managed to get him to 'fetch' one ball last night before he threw himself on the grass.....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Extreme weather be it heat or cold is a no from us.
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:25 PM
my 2 dont get walked in this heat at all until late evening when it is cool. plus my big boy has laryngeal paralysis so he cant be walked in bad heat.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:27 PM
It's 35 most days here. Luckily we have a large garden and my two mooch about when they need to. Most of the time they stay inside in the cool or else I make them stay in the shade. I don't want to go out walking and neither do they.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:40 PM
It is quite surprising how many people still insist on taking their dogs out when it is very hot. I saw a local man with his extremely overweight Springer Spaniel walking past my house earlier and the poor dog could barely breath. The man of course had shorts, hat, sandles, etc. on.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:46 PM
The heat makes my job so hard!

In weather like this i just shove them in the car to the nearest shady spot, be it park or woods and we sit in the shade, have a little walk so they can do their buisness but I keep them all on lead so no haring around like loons. We sit in the shade and do some basic training or they just play lying down. I end up doing walks with one or 2 at a time so I dont have to leave them in the car!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Not during the day but certain any time before 11 am is fine or after 3 30 pm is fine as well ((according to Battersea dogs home))

a dog should still get walked even in the heat just be smart about it only at the coolest parts of the day.

all ways make sure water is availble before and after walks and if your going to town take lots of water.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Not during the day but certain any time before 11 am is fine or after 3 30 pm is fine as well ((according to Battersea dogs home))

a dog should still get walked even in the heat just be smart about it only at the coolest parts of the day.

all ways make sure water is availble before and after walks and if your going to town take lots of water.
I think it depends on where you are as to the times its ok to go out, obviously never in the midday sun but its 10 to 5 here and still too hot for a walk!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:52 PM
I know, it's unbelievable isn't it!! I'm just up the county from you, and believe it or not, some idiot left their spaniel and weimy thing in the back of the car whilst they popped into the village pub across the road for lunch Admittedly, the back end of the car was in partial shade, but they were barking their heads off for the entire time and I almost rang the police, but I kept a strict eye on them over there, and if it wasn't for the fact the pub is my arch enemy and I theirs, I would have phoned the police in 10 mins, but I couldn't, I can't risk the life of my own dogs in my own garden with retribution from the pub!!

Yesterday, when I went down the beach, I saw this family of 4 with an overweight black lab, and they unpacked all their stuff and settled down for the afternoon, with no umberalla for the dog Then they tried to get the dog to go into the water as I watched from the sea where we were swimming, and it was scared, so what did they do? They walked along the wooden sewer pipe with it, where the water would have been quite deep over the side as it was ebbing over the top, so they walk right to the end of it out to sea, and proceeded to push it in!!! I can't imagine either of them going in after it if it had gone in and decided to swim OUT to see coz they'd obviously been to McDonald's a few times, on their way there (and back probably)!!! Jeeeeze! I did yell out to them before I decided to head off home myself just in case the dog decided it didn't like Zena being on the same beach coz you can imagine how dog savvy they are!!!

It's unbelievable out there now Just went to get some washing in and it was like walking into an oven out there, so I can't even open the door to the garden for a play. I've filled the pool out the back, on the decking, which is under a big blind, so they'll have to make do with that.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post

I don't think so. The sun is still well and truly high in the sky and the temperature still very hot at that time on days like today. On the average WARM day then maybe, but not when it is 30 degrees plus.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »