Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Yep - no one in this house (fleshy or furry) is getting a decent night's sleep at the moment because of the heat - even with a fan set on my husband's beloved "small noisy tornado" setting. Mind you - he's not getting a good night's sleep so he's determined to make everyone else suffer by association same as ever (oh the man flus I've had to endure every sniffle along with him with)
I know that feeling lol we had the fan turned up max last night and I still didnt drop off till gone half 3 its awful, hubby was all sweaty so no cwtches for me as I can't stand it lol, I hate these warm nights
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I suppose we`re lucky living on the coast (well, Estuary ) in that there is usually a bit of breeze.
I took the dogs out at 7 this morning. I`m taking Prince to Beginners Obedience tonight but the others can stay in with the fan on them.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:48 PM
we walk early morning as normal 5:45am and then another walk later in the evening. A game of ball in the garden at lunch just enough to tyre them out but not overheat them
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2011, 01:04 PM
I have just checked the temperature outside and it is 39°C with a fair trot on roads hot enough to fry eggs on to get anywhere near a bit of shade, so no, we are not going out today.

FWIW I took the rubbish out at midnight last night and it was still very hot.

The a/c is on in the salon but I am still shvitzing, and it is on in the bedroom all night.

I do not "do" heat very well, and I am certainly not going to inflict the sweltering heat outside on either Pereg or myself.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 01:09 PM
We walk either very early or later in the day, no pavements here and plenty of trees but still sooo hot!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I have just nipped out with the rubbish and nearly burned my feet through my slippers on the tar mac road - so no walking for the dogs in the heat !
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
It is now officially very very hot - we live in what's technically a cul-de-sac but in reality is one very narrow road where if you go in forwards you're definitely going out backwards (it's made supermarket home delivery van drivers cry before now)... and the ice cream van's just come down and braved it!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Mine went out for 30 mins at 6am this morning and they won't be getting walked again today not in this heat.
I am lucky though as mine are not bothered if I don't walk them they just sleep happily on.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I just misted my lot with the hose in the garden and they`re snoozing under the fan. Bless.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
No walk in intense heat, dont even let them stay out in garden for long if sun is shinning.

Dont forget those pavements get roasting hot & can burn unprotected dog paws!
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »