Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
what to do
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:04 PM

Is This Country Any Longer A Dog Loving Nation

I AM BEING FORCED TO "GET RID" OF MY DOGS BY MY COUNCIL AS MY NEIGHBOURS DOES NOT LIKE DOGS.

I AM LEFT TOTALLY DEPRESSED AND DESPERATE AS MY STAFFIE WHOS 5 HA EPILEPSY AND MY JACK RUSSELL IS 9 YRS OLD.
HOW UNFARE IS THIS. MY DOGS WHO HAVENT BITTEN OR EVEN GROWLED AT ANYONE ARE BEING MADE TO EITHER BE PUT DOWN AS NOONE WANTS OR IS WILLING TO HELP.

I AM SO STRESSED OUT ABOUT THIS.
IM TAKING REFUGE SURROUNDED BY ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL DOG LOVERS AS IT SEEMS THE REST OF THIS COUNTRY IS GOING MAD.
THEY ARE SO ACCOMODATING TO EVERYONE ELSES NEEDS EXCEPT THE NEEDS OF THE BRITISH.
HARSH IT SEEEMS BUT VERY APPARENT AND TRUE TO ME.

ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HEAR AS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:06 PM
How terrible,

What is their reasoning for you getting rid of them?
what to do
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Apparently They Are A Nuisance, Its So Bad. They Have Literally Given Me Two Weeks, 2 Weks Ago 2mw!!!! Super Stressed
Oliver21508
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:15 PM
has the police told you you need to get rid of them? i can't see in law, how this can be allowed. unless they have bitten someone, or they are noisy, then they can't force you to get rid of them by law.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:18 PM
this is what i was thinking..

How are they a nuisance? in what way are they behaving to cause the council to insist on this?

Have you appealed?

I wouldnt get rid of them until you have done absolutley everything...Have you seen citizens advice beaureau?
what to do
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:20 PM
the judge ruled at court when the injunction was put in place.
apparently they cause a nuisance as the neighbours are intimidated by them, therefore a breach of the tenancy.
they have literally sent eviction notices to 3 others who live on the same estate as me, whos dogs also havent bitten anyone.
what i didnt mention was that dogs arent on the tenancy.
when we moved in we already had them< stupid i know, but i couldnt part with my dogs, love them soo much
what to do
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:23 PM
its a terrible dilema!

im just trying to find a loving place or organisation that could help as things have got way out of hand.
Oliver21508
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:23 PM
could you move rather than get rid of them? or maybe get someone to foster them whilst you find a new place and then you could take them back once you are settled in a new place?
what to do
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:25 PM
that would be ideal, but i dont know how to go about getting somebody to foster them.
where the day is approaching so fast i have literally been phoning around everywhere, and all i hear is they cant help
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 12:27 PM
is there no family members you can stay with? or friends? or a local kennels they can stay at if you offer to dog walk for free in return?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >