Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 08:21 AM

Weird Bedtime Behaviour

My dogs seem to have a strange routine at bedtime.

Every night I give Nala her medicine and then give all of the dogs a dentastix and go up to bed.

Storm takes his into his bed in the kitchen and isn't seen again until morning (even though he has full range of the house).

Meeka takes hers into the basket in my bedroom and Nala and Willow eat theirs where they are given them, in the living room.

Willow then comes up the stairs and lays on the landing outside our bedroom door.

When Nala starts to come up the stairs, Meeka gets out of the basket and goes downstairs, Willow gets into the basket in the bedroom and Nala lays down on the floor at the end of the bed (I hope that you are all still with me ).

As soon as Nala is settled (usually snoring ) Meeka comes back up the stairs, Willow gets out of the basket and lays by the side of the bed and Meeka gets back into the basket and that is then where they stay until the next morning.

There is never any interaction, either positive or negative, between the dogs but they have been doing this for at least 6 months.

Any ideas what is going on?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Not a clue....but I'm worn out
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 02:16 PM
my lot have ritualistic tendencys at bed time..just like your lot...its all peaceful.... TBH.. I have never really stopped to think about it.. I have found as holly and vinnie got older the routine changed... and now and again.. it will change again.. we have just had a recent change {im thinking due to the cold weather }

Im just glad the days of racing me up to bed to jump on my pillows ended....
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Im just glad the days of racing me up to bed to jump on my pillows ended....

I had to laugh at this Shona because if my OH goes up first he has to remove a black dog from the bed and she will sneak back up when he has got in. However, if I go to bed first she doesn't even try to get on the bed
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Not a clue....but I'm worn out
I know what you mean Elaine, saves having to count sheep though
mysti77
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2008, 12:26 PM
They just like their routine I suppose

Max does a tiny 'woof' every night about 10 minutes after we go to bed. It's about the time when we stop talking (he sleeps outside the bedroom door so knows when the talking stops) but even if we dont talk at all we still get a 'woof' 19 mins later.

I think he's saying goodnight