View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Well my lot would eat as often as I could feed them and still eat the lot, but Diesel started to poo overnight and bury it in his duvet which was not terribly amusing, so they are now fed once a day in the morning and seem happy enough and thankfully he's stopped leaving me surprise pressie's.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well my lot would eat as often as I could feed them and still eat the lot, but Diesel started to poo overnight and bury it in his duvet which was not terribly amusing, so they are now fed once a day in the morning and seem happy enough and thankfully he's stopped leaving me surprise pressie's.
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt043 :smt043

So sorry, I wish someone would write a Dogsey book of all the funny quotes and one-liners that people say, cos I would just be in fits all the time
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:40 AM
mine hve 2 meals aday if i was to putthem on 1 they would drive me nuts lol
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:46 AM
my older two were never bothered about morning meals either til my younger two came along, the younger two are now three years old, they all now have a morning meal, mainly something light like a tin of sardines each of some green beans with a raw egg, then they all have their evening meal at about 5 pm.

Mo
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
well if i havent fed bruno by about 930 he acts like he has never eaten ever in his life ........

and same thing happens at 5pm - he is such an actor

I have 2 of those
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 11:15 AM
My two are fed raw and are fed once a day, I vary the times. This is to give them nice big bits of food to work at, which they enjoy.

But if I was feeding kibble I wouldn't feed once a day. Have you seen how much that stuff swells when dampened with water? I don't even want to think of a days rations sitting like that all at once in my dogs system.

There would have been no way Archie would eat enough to keep weight on being fed once a day on kibble, little and often was key when feeding him. Yet raw is a whole other story for him, lol.

"Breakfast" for my two was never first thing in the morning. It used to be about an hour after their morning walk or coming up to lunch time. I doubt if Archie would have sat still long enough to eat 1st thing.

Willow will eat anything, anytime, lol.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 11:34 AM
My Daisy is such a greedy little tike, I have to split her meal into three, otherwise she would drive me mad. Breakfast lunch and dinner.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Mine have thier food split into 4 meals a day and woe betide me if I am slightly late with one of the meals. At each meal they act like they havn't been fed for a month.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Our dogs when I was growing up only got fed once a day but I personally choose to feed mine twice. I dont think my BC would mind eating once daily as he's not a big eater anyway but my pointer would eat constantly if he had the chance and I dont think he'd cope!

I also read somewhere on a dog food website that dogs should be fasted once a day every week but I havent tried this yet. I dont know if it would help shift some excess weight or not.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2