Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2010, 11:27 AM

Barking dog

All ive heard all morning is this dog barking
I dont know for sure where its coming from , possibly the next street , but its a constant loud deep bark thats been going on since 8am
Im surprised the poor thing hasnt lost its voice by now

I dont mind a dog barking now and again , its in their nature after all isnt it ... my three sure make enough of a racket when my OH gets home , and Gypsy has this ear splitting high pitched bark that does drive me totally nuts , lol

but this ongoing constant barking is starting to grate now (it doesnt help that I have toothache and thats making me grumpy)

I hope his/her owners come home soon
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 01:27 PM
I share your pain, we have two neighbours with very loud dogs, one neighbour has 7 GSD/GSD mixes 3 of which are outdoor dogs, the other has one GSD and Oh my jesus - you think your dog has ear splitting barks - this is awful and when one goes, the rest goes. We have in total - 27 dogs on our street - music to my ears.....Not!
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Yikes .. that must be awful to live next to when they all kick off ... though I must admit id love to be next door to that many GSD's
Its only cos I live in a very quiet village that this poor dog is noticeable ... I can hear the cars on the motorway over 3 miles away right now , thats how quiet it is here normally

Thankfully the dog has stopped barking now
Its not a regular occurence , so if it happens again I may try to track down where he/she is and then maybe drop a friendly note through the owners door (just to make them aware that their dog isnt happy , not to cause trouble)
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
Yikes .. that must be awful to live next to when they all kick off ... though I must admit id love to be next door to that many GSD's
Its only cos I live in a very quiet village that this poor dog is noticeable ... I can hear the cars on the motorway over 3 miles away right now , thats how quiet it is here normally

Its not a regular occurence , so if it happens again I may try to track down where he/she is and then maybe drop a friendly note through the owners door (just to make them aware that their dog isnt happy , not to cause trouble)
...thats thoughtfull and nice...wish my neighbours did that rather than wage war when i had to leave Tupac for the first time
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
I wish my neighbor could be like that ..... but according to my other neighbors she's lying so I don't know who to believe. I hope your tooth ache goes away as I'm sure thats defo not helping At least the dog has stopped

* Have you tried 'Oil of Cloves' for the tooth? ...tastes disgusting but I find it works instantly and lasts for hours.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Where we used to live there was a gobby GSD (mmm. there's a surprise - NOT!) who lived a good half mile away through the houses, I would think. who barked day in and day out. It never stopped. I had my pc up in the loft area and of course could hear it more up there. It was amazing that he didn't lose his voice but he never did. It's a wonder his neighbours didn't complain although I don't think there is much that can be done about it during daylight hours.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 01:16 AM
oh, i can understand how you felt! there are 2 dogs a few doors up from me, and one of them barks constantly when left! the other one isnt as bad, but sometimes barks too. It isnt as bad now though, as in the summer they were left outside but now it is colder, they are in the house... so they are either just not barking, or i just cant hear it now