Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 07:24 PM

When you walk??

Do you walk all your dogs at the same time, or seperately?
I suppose it does depend on what sort of dogs you have and how many?!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I walk all 5 together and frequently have a couple of extra ones too.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 07:45 PM
If I had another dog I wouldn't walk it with Rupert as with my luck the other dog would copy Rupert and I'd have two extremely fearful dog aggressive dogs.

I used to walk Shadow and Wolf together all the time though.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 07:47 PM
My OH walks all 7 at the same time, I cant cope with that and just take one or maybe 2 at a time.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I exercise all of my four together (two GSDs and two BCs). I also sometimes take hubby's working collie pups along too (an extra four!)

If I am going on an extra long walk then I will leave Flame (my older GSD) at home, as she is 9 years old and can't cope with the long walks like she used to
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Depends for me. Generally speaking on work days my two bigguns get walked together twice every day, then Tilly will get a walk separately. However on my days off sometimes Bo gets a third separate walk/training session, sometimes Tilly and Dex walked together instead, sometimes I'll walk all three together....no real routine then.
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Bear gets walked separately. Shiloh is often walked separately but sometimes walked with the other two.
Ruby and Skye are usually walked together, but not always.

Depends on whether it's a nice walk to tire them out, with just a bit of training mixed in, or whether it's a training walk with a bit of running in there to make it more tiring lol ... if that makes sense.

Road walks are often just one dog at a time as they can be a lot to handle all on a pavement, park walks can be more as for some reason they are better behaved in a park and can go offlead for periods.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I walk my five in a group of 2 and 3. Sometimes I mix and match!!! I usually take my collie, collie x and lurcher togther then my other lurcher and greyhound together! When my hubby and I are both off we take all of them out which is lovely
When I go mountain walking then I take just Otis, my collie x. he's a real mountain goat and the only one with the stamina to climb the mountains of Snowdonia!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I am sure separate walks would be a brilliant idea for my 2 as then I could walk Cherry on the walks that she wouldn't see many other dogs on and she would be happy and I could walk Parker on the walks where we meet a lot of other dogs and he would be happy!

Unfortunately I don't have the energy or time to do this so we compromise and sometimes do the walk where we don't see many other dogs and sometimes do the walk where Parker meets his friends and Cherry knows them too so is usually ok.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 11:53 PM
All three together-
4 yo (f) working cocker
3 yo (m) collie x springer and
9 week old (m) staffy
ATD x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >