Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 10:57 AM

Marley And Me...Dogsey Book Club

Well, we decided on Marley And Me as the first book for the Dogsey book club...
Anyone read it???
What do you think???
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I am reading it at the moment, but not far into it as yet, so no comment at present.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2007, 11:28 AM
I thought it was a good read. It's not somat I would normally choose to read but I read it coz I had a quiet day at work (shhh don't tell the gaffer ) I enjoyed it though. I dare say there'll be a few comments about his training methods though.. quite old school I thought (not that I had a problem with it but some might)
All in all I'd give it a 7 outta 10 I reckon
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Just got this book from my Mum the other day so will get on and read it and tell you what I think later
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Have to admit I'm about three quarters of the way through it so far and I'm finding it tough going. I hate to say it but I'm a bit bored....
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I read it a few months ago.
Would not have ready it BG (before dog) but now I have a dog myself could identify with some of the situations. Some funny bits and obviously some very sad.

7/10
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-01-2007, 12:50 PM
My sister gave it to me for my birthday - I'm reading it at the moment although I'm only about 1/4 of the way through.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Im reading it at the moment but ive still got about 3 chapters left i think so ill pop back and let you know in a few days
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 01:13 PM
i've read it and thoroughly enjoyed it, I loved the bit about the sled ride in the snow, hurtling pell mell towards the trees and stream

I must want you ailsa and sara, the last few chapters are sad. i wont say which bit i found touching till you have read it all....... and the last few chapters made me cry .
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
i've read it and thoroughly enjoyed it, I loved the bit about the sled ride in the snow, hurtling pell mell towards the trees and stream

I must want you ailsa and sara, the last few chapters are sad. i wont say which bit i found touching till you have read it all....... and the last few chapters made me cry .
That is one of the reasons I am taking so long to get through it I know it is going to be sad at the end as Marley reaches old age and having Golden Oldie of my own I am not looking forward to the last few chapters, as I cry very easily at things at the best of times. I know I am being a coward but I just can't help it.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »