Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 10:55 AM

doggy creche - a good idea?

As you probably know, I booked Willow into a dog creche for two weeks until I have my holidays. I drop her off at 9.30am and OH picks her up at 4.30pm.

The 'creche' is at a very good kennels near to me, however she is not mixing with other dogs. She has her own 'place', a sort of conservatory-type room with an outside run, a radio on, and a very comfortable bed. She has a TLC session, a walk, a 20-point health check, a grooming session and is checked on every hour. She is given her lunch (I provide this) at 1pm.

Yesterday seemed fine. OH said she was OK when he picked her up and she was great when I got in at 6pm.

However this morning she seemed very nervous as I carried her in. Once she got into her 'place', she jumped into the basket and settled on the vetbed, however I am doing the worrying thing now.

My other dogs were very clingy and I really want Willow to get used to different people and be happy in different environments, hence why I have done this. Does anyone have any thoughts on it please? She is 11 weeks old. Thanks.
Alexou
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2006, 11:21 AM
i guess she needs to get used to the place ... (reminds me each time i had to start a new school year at a new school!!! for few days i felt very nervous but then you get used to!!!).

i think dog creche is a good idea ... better than leaving the pets at home on their own...

Please let us know how she is doing??
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Im sure there is no need to worry. It sounds like a great place for her and i wish i had something similar near us! (however parents are very good and my dogs do get spoilt rotten and to play with their puppy so no complaints from me!) Yes do let us know how she is finding it. Im sure the people looking in on her will let you know if she is restless or crying or appearing stressed etc. Stop worrying she is probably enjoying all the attention!