Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 10:52 PM

Manuka Honey - Anyone used it?

This morning i had a phone call from my vet checking on jess and her leg, which is ok but i am watching cautiously as again there is some swelling,.

Anyway, he told me he had been out last night with some other vet colleagues and he got into discussion about jessie's leg and how unusual it was, with the ongoing issues of it not healing.

Another vet said he had come across another dog a while ago with a wound that took nearly a year to heal up, and as a last resort the owner used manuka honey and put it directly onto the open wound,. He said that within 2 weeks it healed.

He said he didn't know much about it but it was a suggestion to look into and maybe give it a try.

So i've been doing a bit of searching and it seems really good. I've now purchased a bottle and have spread it on her leg. Thought anything was worth a try.

Has anyone else used it and did it work?

The funniest thing is bianca is following her around trying to lick the honey off her leg so i've had to split them up this evening
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 10:57 PM
never heard of it, but hope it works, my lot would be trying to scoff it off too,,, keeping fingers crossed,
they say royal jelly is great for skin and so on, {I love the stuff} so guess honey has its good points
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I looked out the kitchen window and watched jess wondering slowly round the grass with her head down, bianca had her head between jessie's back legs. Everytime jess took a pace, bianca took one. It did look quite funny.

If you believe everything you read about it, it seems brilliant. I'll give it a few weeks and see if it does anything..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
I looked out the kitchen window and watched jess wondering slowly round the grass with her head down, bianca had her head between jessie's back legs. Everytime jess took a pace, bianca took one. It did look quite funny.

If you believe everything you read about it, it seems brilliant. I'll give it a few weeks and see if it does anything..
can I ask where you got it?
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 11:10 PM
I was in work yesterday, and in the staff room 2 women where chatting about honey and also some balm that had bee venom in it

One was saying how this balm worked for her dad arthritus, he rubbed it in his wrist, and he couldn't believe how it had helped. The other was saying a similar story about the honey.

Didn't take that much notice, then this morning phone goes and its the vet saying about his conversation with the other vets.

So asked the girls in work and a women had a spare pot in her fridge. She wanted the bee venom one and had picked up the munika honey by mistake. So i popped down her house tonight and bought it off her.

Thought it must have been fate how it all fell into place really.

You get it from health food shops, but they said that holland & Barratt don't sell it for some reason.

Looked on the internet and they say that it kills the mrsa bug, and also there is a nhs hospital, who treat mouth cancer victims and part of the after care is dressings soaked in this honey. They have noticed the patients heal much faster and they have had a big drop in people catching the mrsa bug. Lots of stories like this on the internet. We will see........
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I use tiger balm quite a bit when I get joint pain, tis really good
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Sounds really interesting, fingers crossed it works for Jess
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Sounds really interesting, fingers crossed it works for Jess
Thanks, we will see, i will update this post.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Fingers crossed
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 06:25 AM
It sounds brilliant, Kirstie.

Anything is worth a try for Jess' leg - hope it works. Look forward to the update

x0x
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »