Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2015, 11:15 PM

I miss my greyhound :(

Breagh my beautiful greyhound passed away about 6-7 weeks ago now, and for some reason tonight it just hit me again and I'm a complete mess

Probably doesn't help that Alfie is at my parents tonight so there is now no dogs in the house!!

I've been looking in dog rescues for about a month now with no luck, all the ones I like either seem to have MAJOR issues or are already reserved, no matter how quick I am!

Breagh was just perfect.

I only feel that Alfie would like a dog to play with off lead, which is the only reason I'm not going straight back to the greyhound rescue!

Just looking for some sympathy as I'm upset and alone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Aww Kammi I feel for you. After 4 years I still miss my Grey x.
When I'm out it is always the Greys I'm drawn to and fuss.
I hope you find a suitable long legged companion soon
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2015, 08:49 AM
<hugs>

It takes time to recover from such a loss.

Have you checked out rescue forums such as Dog pages in your search ?

My dibby was put to sleep in january and last week i was tidying up the other dogs beds and toys and I picked up his dog pillow and hugged it . I cried because I had washed it and I couldn't smell him on it anymore.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Aw Kammi we all have times like that when lost companions are much in our thoughts...hugs...
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2015, 12:46 PM
It's 7 months since I lost one of mine and it still hurts to think of her

Have you tried the Romanian rescues? RRA is a good one. They have hundreds of dogs to choose from, from 16 weeks upwards, from chi size to giant in all coat types you can imagine. It's really easy to bring them over and my two puppies have been fab and fitted in with the other two really well.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2015, 07:28 PM
How about a title lurcher Kam? My friend has a whip x 1/4 staff and she's nuts and runs rings round my Doberman in the wrestle stakes x
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2015, 10:14 PM
If you have no luck with rescues and your heart is set on another grey why not try a direct contact to trainers or greyhound owners and see if someone can come up with a Non-chaser (a failed youngster that has no interest in racing or chasing the lure) many of them would sooner give away such a youngster rather than the alternative, which in truth doesn't bear thinking about. Tia Rescue at Hebden Bridge are very good and carefully test their dogs for suitability, I think that if you can convince them you will be a good forever home they will put you on their list and inform you when one becomes available that would be suitable. The only obvious drawback would be the distance, but I don't doubt you could overcome this.
The preloved site has lurchers and greyhounds available by the dozen - last count today was 191. Many of which will be passed from hand to hand throughout their short working lives and you would be doing them a real favour by giving one a home, they are for sale and free, in all parts of the UK. Hope you get fixed up for to me there is nothing like the bigger end of the running dogs for companionship - I always have at least two or three round the place and have had for more years than I care to remember. Good luck!