Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2015, 07:23 PM

Best white dog shampoo

Hi guys,
Oh the joys of being in the white dog club! Can anybody recommend a good white dog shampoo - wash in and wash out and best place to purchase it.

We have been using fairy liquid first, then washing that off and then using animology white dog shampoo and repeat rinsing - but white poodles are notoriously hard to keep persil white!

Just wondering if any of you know of any tricks of the trade, or the best proven and affordable shampoos
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm going to start by first saying that the dog I bathe frequently is 99% black. I actually use herbal human shampoo on him. I find that they smell better and clean better. I use Pantene Pro V for fine hair and it cleans him so well. He's always muddy as can be and it really does such a good job. A bit of baking soda added will help brighten and whiten the coat and help wash away the dirt. I also add a tad of conditioner and let him "soak" for a bit, then wash it all off.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I'm going to start by first saying that the dog I bathe frequently is 99% black. I actually use herbal human shampoo on him. I find that they smell better and clean better. I use Pantene Pro V for fine hair and it cleans him so well. He's always muddy as can be and it really does such a good job. A bit of baking soda added will help brighten and whiten the coat and help wash away the dirt. I also add a tad of conditioner and let him "soak" for a bit, then wash it all off.
LOL.
Exact same brand wife uses on Mouse and she also uses conditioner
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Anything purple. Takes out the brassy yellow touch on us 'blondes'. You could try the horse one.... Will find the name..
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
LOL.
Exact same brand wife uses on Mouse and she also uses conditioner
Wow, really? That's awesome. I'm black and so I don't use this on my hair (fine hair formula on a thick kinky afro, yeah right) but it really does work great on Nigredo. He gets a lot of baths because he jumps in tons of mud puddles, and because I'm just really funny about his appearance, so the fine hair formula is gentler. And it's clear, so might be best for white dogs... some of the shampoos are pink etc and might leave stains and whatnot.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Wow, really? That's awesome. I'm black and so I don't use this on my hair (fine hair formula on a thick kinky afro, yeah right) but it really does work great on Nigredo. He gets a lot of baths because he jumps in tons of mud puddles, and because I'm just really funny about his appearance, so the fine hair formula is gentler. And it's clear, so might be best for white dogs... some of the shampoos are pink etc and might leave stains and whatnot.
LOL my wife is blond and has very fine hair, so she uses her shampoo and conditioner on Mouse.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Thank you guys!
I took him to a groomers the other week who used Wahl dirty dogs shampoo - Although I'm still finding the animology (although notoriously expensive) still seems to make him persil white at times.
I have been guilty of using some Dove shampoo on him when I completely ran out of dog shampoo - and he did smell lovely and was extra soft! - But I am a little paranoid that human shampoos with a different ph might affect his skin. - Although being a poodle he has a thick sheepy like coat to protect him.
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2015, 10:20 PM
I have to say ive washed my hair in dog shampoo when ive run out of my own snd its left my hair beautiful !!! I used to get some blue stuff years ago called blue bolls that i used for my grey horses its a bit like a blue rinse for OAPS but it left them glowing white but if left too long they had a blue tint !!!!!