Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Paws in the Park

Is anyone else going to Paws in the Park at Paddock Wood this weekend, we're taking Jack, Chris is really looking forward to it, again Jack is only entered in the jumping and helter skelter, but I think it's more than just agility, i know there a demo of the KC good citizen dog scheme, I believe there's one with just Dalmations, as Gail asked if Chris would like to take Skittle or Nugget (Gills {Deccy} babies) in while she took the other, but unfortunatly Gail has to work and cant make it I think it's going to be a good weekend
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Wish us luck, Chris is already there, he and Jack camped out over night, I had to come home, but I'm off very shortly, got off to a bad start yesterday, firstly Chris lost his wallet and had to cancel his credit and bank cards, then when we took Jack for a walk, to do this we had to walk over a narrow bridge that was over a stream, as we were doing this a blooming big tree came crashing down in front of us blocking our path, we were very lucky if we'd been another 10-15 ft further on it could well have hit us , as you can imagine poor Jack was terrified by this, we turned to come back and met a couple of women coming to see what had happend, and Jack barked at them, it wasnt a vicious nasty have a go bark and he was still on the lead, and Chris stopped him immediatly, I'm sure this was just in fear as he's very friendly with people, sometimes to the point of rudeness if allowed there attidue was very rude, 'do you do agility with THAT' when we explained that he's normaly fine, we think he just got spooked, they walked by with their noses in the air and one said to the other ' make sure your not in the que next to IT' I can understand people being alarmed by a dog suddenly barking at them, and if it was the usuall for Jack we would have taken precausion, we usually have to stop him from sitting on peoples feet and sticking his nose in places usually reserved for people partners . I hope you don't inundate me with me what do you expect, and we should have been better owners and all that, please please, we do understand they must have alarmed by Jack, but they could also have understood he was just scared, and I'm sure their doggies would have acted just the same hopefully you'll understand, and know me well enough to know I'm not looking for exuses, Jack shouldn't have done it, I'm just sounding off, because you lot are brilliant listeners
Christine
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 09:09 AM
That was extremely rude of those people Christine, try not to take heart by what they said, unfortunately you do get people like this, they are better off ignored!

Haven't a clue where this even is but I assume it is 'down south:smt002 " lol Hope you all have a lovely time everyone who goes.

Hope Jack gets his confidence back soon Christine
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 07:05 PM
hope you had a good day and all went well, we went today and was watching it was great sorry did not see this before as i would of arranged to meet up hun.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh, shame , we had a great time , but I am completly and utterly cream crackered :smt015 :smt015
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 07:31 PM
so pleased you had a great time and yes i amto even though i was watching and walking, but it was great and cant wait for next years one. mybe we could make sure we meet up next time...
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Sure, Chris wants to go again so we'll definately be going, did you by any chance see the Gefion dog training display, if so that's were we take Jack
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 07:49 PM
my Oh did i was buying a new collar at the time for lab just my luck. will definatley makesure we meet up next time, did you get any pics

we took afew got toput them on computer then wil post some
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 07:54 PM
The ones I took yesterday are on the link I've put, but I haven't done todays yet, they're mainly of Jack doing Agility though

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=70273
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 09:59 AM
will look forward to seeing the other pics
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >