Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Removing Wires From My Knee

After many many months of chasing up the hospital, I've finally got a date for my operation to remove the wiring around my knee-cap.

When I originally had the operation, they told me that within 2 months, the wires would be out. Then when I went for my check, they told me that it would be at least 6 months, and that they could even break my knee-cap again when they remove the wires to be honest I know that they were trying to scare me off of the idea, because they don't really want me back to be honest. They've done the original operation, now it's up to me kind of thing.

In the past couple of months the wires have really been getting me down. They are wrapped around my knee-cap in a figure of eight, and they are knotted in the middle. Now that the swelling has gone down from my knee, I can see the wires through my skin, I can feel them constantly and I daren't try to kneel down because the pain is unbearable!

I've been nagging and nagging the hospital about getting me a date sorted for ages now. They contacted me at work today to say that they have booked me a check up appointment in November, and all being well I can have the wires out on 15th December

My nagging paid off in the end
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Glad you've finally got the date, well done for nagging!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-07-2007, 08:21 PM
That is good news
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Good news. I bet you can't wait to have them out.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 08:29 PM
oh thats fantastic news , bet your glad to be rid of them xxdk
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Well done! Persistence pays off! I hope it doesn't go too slowly until December!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys the thought of another operation doesn't thrill me too much - but getting the wires removed will be worth it I will have to have xrays in November aswell just to make sure everything is as it should be but fingers crossed!

I have spoken to my physiotherapist aswell, he's all for it as he's got a feeling that the wires may be restricting my bend a little aswell. He has also mentioned that whilst I am under the anaesthetic, depending on how the physio goes up until then, manipulation under anaesthetic may be a good idea. Sounds painful but if it helps then hey ho!