View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 10:19 PM

Found a Dog and finally found her owner (long)

Was coming home earlier this evening, about 8pm when I saw a little Jack Russell running along by the busy A road out of Bristol. She was near some houses, but had no-one with her and she seemed to be really started by the cars whizzing by, I could just see her running across the road any moment.

I stopped the car and called her and she came straight to me. It was getting dark but I knocked on a few doors to see if anyone recognised her. Not many people came to the door, don't suppose I blame then as it was getting dark. I rang OH and he said I should bring her home so we could sort it out from there. I tried just one more house and the lady there said she thought she recognised her, she did not know the dog's name but she pointed out the house where she thought she lived. I rang the bell for ages, but no-one came.

So into the car and home.

When I got back Sydney was amazed. I had gone out and come back with a DOG!!! She was very polite and just sniffed around her, but the newcomer was a bit protective of me and growled at her when she came near me. In fairness to our visitor she was scared and I think was just sticking with the only (new) thing that she knew. In the end I went into our other room with our newcomer and we playied with a tennis ball for a while, before she went to sleep on my lap.

At just after 10pm OH and I drove back to the house. There was a light on, but still no-one coming to the door. OH said we would have to take her home, but I must admit I did not really want to because I knew that Sydney was upset about it. So I hollered really loudly and finally a lady came out and said it was her dog. She did thank us and offer us a cup of T. But I must admit I was a bit amazed that she was not outside looking or at least flying to the door for news. Still ...

She was a really cute dog and very well behaved (apart from the growling at Syd!) - she reminded me of the pics I have seen of MissE. I just thought that if that had been Sydney I would have wanted someone to help her (and us) out by taking her out of that dangerous situation. Of course we would be slightly different because Sydney has a collar and tag on - this little one just had a collar, no tag.

Sydney has now retired to bed - having checked that the "intruder" has left!! and I do not think I am going to be far behind.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Well done you for caring enough, if it was my dog, I would have been frantic too.

Glad she is home now
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 11:00 PM
good on you for looking after the wee one, lord knows she wouldv'e ran into the road, you have been a guardian angel x and she will sleep and dream of you tonight x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Well done Jo. I thought that when you said there was no response from the house, that the owner was out scouring the area. I know I would have been.

Some people, eh?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Well done on quite possibly saving the wee dogs life.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Some people don't deserve to have dogs
Glad she was ok this time thanks to you
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Well done on finding her owner..........good for you anything could of happened
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Well done for helping her out. I couldn't imagine not having any ID on Ollie and not being frantic with worry if he went missing.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Well done Jo. I thought that when you said there was no response from the house, that the owner was out scouring the area. I know I would have been.

Some people, eh?
I was walking around the houses for quite a while and did not come across anyone out searching because I was looking for anyone I could ask - and no-one shouting or calling ...
She said she had been asleep on the sofa - she said that she wondered where she was !!! 3 hours later
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 08:50 AM
You guys did a lovely and kind thing by taking the little un in and finding her owner. I must admit though, it does make you wonder about how some owners think, I would of been beside myself if one of mine had gone missing like that.