View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I have always had GSDs and BCs and love everything about both breeds, so can't see me ever having anything else.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Collie number one wasnt my choice, that was the OH's choice. Collie number 2 was my choice though but I didnt choose her because of her breed, I chose her for her compatibility with the 2 boys.

Pointer was my choice simply because I wanted a dog that wasnt a collie (had them when I was growing up and then got Jed when I moved out) and a GWP was one breed on my shortlist.

Although collies are the breed i'm most experienced with, i'm not a "collie" person and will move away from them in the future. They are beautiful, incredible dogs and do have a place in my heart but not as much as gundogs and thats where my loyalties will lie in the future, simply because gundogs epitomise everything that fascinates me in a dog.

I dont think i'll stick to one breed but the HPR's are definately my main interest. There are other breeds I aim to own such as an Aussie Shepherd, Doberman, one of the Belgian Shepherds but I think from now on, there will always be a gundog in the gang.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 08:52 PM
well I didnt even like staffies before i met one.. My nonna had always had GSD's.

But I met OH's cousins one and that was me - completely smitten.

For me it will probably always be a staffie and a rescue. Although I know Oh would love a mastiff.

BUt i like that staffies are like big dogs in littlish bodies..., and they are just big babies.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
BUt i like that staffies are like big dogs in littlish bodies..., and they are just big babies.
I like that too. I also love that Tonks is responsive, intelligent, very friendly, will take as much exercise as you offer her but will also be happy with a 40 minute walk, she is flexible, you can take her anywhere, she is small enough not to cause a bother, she's funny, elelgant as well as clumsy and silly sometimes, loves training and agility, knows when it's time to settle down and stop playing, easy to groom, beautiful.....what more could you want?

Perfect!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:56 AM
My breed is the English setter and cannot imagine ever being without one now, though they can drive you insane with their nortiness, they are also so friendly and loving and give the most all body welcome
We used to have a Long Haired Miniature Dachshund called Sam and would like to have another one day and also am researching both Irish and Gordon setters as would like to own one or both in the not too distant future.... There are loads of breeds I adore and would like to own, but they must complement my beloved English setters....
Because I have seen my future and its hairy
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Well, the first time we went to a rescue, we had no set breed in mind (expected to get a mongrel), but OH fell in love with Kip, a border collie. I had reservations knowing they needed lots of stimulation, but as Kip was quite a bit older, I agreed.

Since then we have been to the rescue for another dog twice. On both ocassions I tried to keep an open mind about other breeds/mixes, but both times we have come home with another border collie.

As long as there are border collies in rescue centres, it would seem that I will be incapable of changing breeds
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I was brought up with two GSDs which we had until I was about 12. Then I got Bryan (terrier cross) and also a foster dog who is a staffy.

I don't think I would ever choose a particular breed or stick to a breed, because I want to get rescue dogs. The only criteria is that I can't have a big dog because I'm not very strong
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Had one lurcher as a child then a GSD & after that no doubts over 50 years of GSDs & even when I rescue I go to breed rescue.
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2008, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=suze;1480675]well ive had a bc, then another bc, then another one.... and then a milie pup - which was meant to be a bc.... which has made me realise what a fab cross bc and a springer is

I've had several dogs, JRT, xbreeds, flatcoated retriever but always wanted a bc. Rehomed one from colleague, than brought a pup, then rehomed another susposed to be bc but I think is actually a bc x springer. Now, like Suze, realise what a great cross that is, hes as mad as my bcs, and bright.

Bcs are still my favourite breed but love my sons GSD and spaniels are looking interesting as well! Just as well I dont have acres of land and lots of money, theres so many lovely dogs out there.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 03:47 PM
The first dog that came into my life (at the age of 10)that was MINE was a Border Collie called Suki, I think because I spent every waking minuet with her she was my constant companion, my best friend and my life.

I'm now 56 and still have them. I wouldn't be without any of them (including my 3 that have now gone to rainbow bridge) they are/were wonderful
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >