View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I wanted a JRT since I was 8 and our new school caretaker got one, Whiskey, I'll never forget her. The lady was lovely as she also had welsh ponies, which I got to show.... but it was Whiskey I always went to see.

So, when I was 15 my Dad bought me one, I got my next myslef when I was 18.... but had to wait for my next until we got Tonto.

If we didn't have Inca (OH's choice) I'd have more, and even if I did get another of my wish list of breeds I'd always have to have at least one Jack.
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2008, 08:11 PM
always had border collies
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I've had various breeds and crossbreeds
A cocker spaniel
A Boxer
A Parson Russell
A Bearded Collie
about 6 cross breeds
I always wanted a Dobermann but my Ex wouldn't hear of it.
No sooner divorced than my next dog was a Dobermann, I now have 3 and love everything about them.
I also have a staffy which I'd never even considered before and the obligatory terrier. I always have to have a terrier.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
As soon as i have a place with a garden i want a Rottie. Always wanted one.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I have a Westie and a mongrel (Westie being my own first dog). I have a soft spot for Westies and have done since I was 11 years old, but my next dog will probably be a rescue mongrel of some sort, I hope. However, you never know what will happen years down the line.

Just before Roxy came along I was in the process of researching Westie breeders to buy a puppy, but the rest as they say, is history and I wouldn't change Roxy for the world.

Roxy is one of the most loving and affectionate wee dogs I have ever met. She hasn't been a bit of bother since she found me, two years ago now and has opened my eyes more to the plight of all the lovely dogs out there needing caring, forever homes, probably through no fault of their own.

I'm well aware some have issues that need addressing, but I'm prepared to work on them to try and help them overcome their problems and live happier lives. Makes them all the more endearing to me.

Therefore, so far, my next dog will probably be a rescue of some sort!

That's years down the line though as I'm happy with two dogs at the moment.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I've had various breeds and crossbreeds
A cocker spaniel
A Boxer
A Parson Russell
A Bearded Collie
about 6 cross breeds
I always wanted a Dobermann but my Ex wouldn't hear of it.
No sooner divorced than my next dog was a Dobermann, I now have 3 and love everything about them.
I also have a staffy which I'd never even considered before and the obligatory terrier. I always have to have a terrier.
DO you think you would have a staffy again?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
DO you think you would have a staffy again?
I don't see why not, he's a little darling.
My OH was the one with misgivings when we took him on and he's been completely won over.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I don't see why not, he's a little darling.
My OH was the one with misgivings when we took him on and he's been completely won over.
Awww that's good!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 09:04 PM
We had an Irish Setter and then a collie. The setter wasn't really planned but he needed a home and we were thinking about a dog. The collie was my son's choice. He wanted a dog who'd play football and loved our friends collie. Then after Sam died we thought of all sorts of dogs but couldn't agree on any but collies.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 09:08 PM
well ive had a bc, then another bc, then another one.... and then a milie pup - which was meant to be a bc.... which has made me realise what a fab cross bc and a springer is.... next one is probably a bc - but wouldnt rule out a spaniel of somekind,,,,im not ready for a GSD yet... id like to do more collie agility/obedience first... then a GSD - but tbh i always imagine a collie in my life
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >