Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by jackpat View Post
It happens regularly!!! Only he gets confused when he's trying to bring you your own dressing gown but you're sat on it!!!
Ahhhh, sounds like a sweetie, maybe not the brightest of sparks, but what a fantastic retriever! And how obliging of your daughter to come along with her nightie.

J
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Flynn totally amazed me with his drive to hunt, point and flush, even as a pup and thats the sole reason I decided to work him. It first came to light really when he was 5 months old and hunted a rabbit in the undergrowth. He naturally quarters as well which isnt something i've taught him and knows how to use wind direction etc. He definately has strong instincts to do what he was bred to do.

Jed has no herding instincts though he is a typical chaser and is even afraid of sheep! Jessie displays herding behaviour and will chase Flynn and either nip at his heels or cut him off, stop him and eyeball him (not surprising as she is farm bred and reared). Thats not a good combination when Flynn is trying to hunt and actually, in hindsight, getting 2 collies who naturally chase and a gundog who isnt supposed to chase makes for hard work!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:20 AM
I find it fascinating watching `pet` dogs doing what they`ve been bred to do. It`s a pity some people don`t understand how these drives affect their breed - it`s really sad seeing labradors dragged past lakes they are desperate to leap in `because they`ll get muddy` or cute spaniels of all types hauled round woods on flexi-leads because they `go off into the bushes`. Duh!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3