Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:22 PM

It's finally happened!

After weeks of swelling up adn down Tonks has finally come into season.

After dog training she usually gets to place chase and wrestle with the behaviourists dog, but yesterday all Rannoch wanted to play was "sniff your bum"!

She didn't seem that swollen, but once we got home we noticed there was a tiny bit of blood.

So it's three weeks on the lead now then!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:46 PM
a lady at last
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
a lady at last

Well - that's debatable!! She is charging round the lounge waving her wellie in the air at the moment but has been moping around on the sofa all morning.

We are going for a walk with my friend and her bitch this afternoon, as we have had to put it off three times to far. Tonks will be on flexi lead of course. She was with bitches last night at dog training and wasn't stroppy but will keep an eye out for any grumps.

So far she is keeping herself clean.

I wonder if dogs get period pains.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Aw Tonks is all grown up, 28 days on the lead, and if its her first season it could be longer, Toro had a show on the 18 aug, she is just starting to swell now and is bleeding heavier too...get her some nickers lol x
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Aw Tonks is all grown up, 28 days on the lead, and if its her first season it could be longer, Toro had a show on the 18 aug, she is just starting to swell now and is bleeding heavier too...get her some nickers lol x
Ohhh i know nothing about all this. I thought it was three weeks from the first bleed?
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
It can be four or just under 3 varies from bitch to bitch. Somee bitches have a light season fist time some a really heavy one. Hope Tonks is the former.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Jo didnt bleed at all on her first or 2nd season.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your reply. SUe, how do i know when she can be let back out off lead? I pressume she will bleed for ten days.....is it then two weeks on lead after they have stopped bleeding?
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I've had a bitch who bled for 32 days & the least has been 21 though most go paler after 10 to 15 days, some stay paler some bleed more heavily again. When she has finished showing blood & the swelling has gone down, if she is swollen, I tend to wash them well & then take them on lead for a few more days. When I have a male as well its much easier, when he loses interest I let her back off lead.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 09:01 AM
God hope she doesn't bleed for that long!

Well i orderd the bitch deoderising tablets the day i put up this thread, which i think was thursday, paid the £7 plus for next day delivery....and they still haven't arrived!!!

I am not pleased! Have just emailed the company asking for a refund of the money paid for next day delivery!