View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear you're having problems. Good luck with them. I hope it works out for you.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh, A, not what you were expecting at all I should think - it certainly never crossed my mind.

Fingers crossed for you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
He arrived yesterday...only popped on for a second. He is v cute (no time for pics now... sorry) but there are probelms with him and Cosmo. Cosmo ain't happy...he wants to play with him but is too rough and the pup hurt him last night and Cosmo turned nasty, which totally shocked me I have to say. I took the pup out in the garden after it and Cosmo wouldn't let him back in. Real deep throat growls...not good. V. time consuming and stressful. We'll just have to see how it goes, Cosmo does come first as resident dog. I have to leave you with that and probably won't be around much the next few days....sorry...
Oh heck (actually I said a worse word than that.....)

So sorry to hear this Ailsa - I hope with your patience and understanding, peace will return to your household.

Hugs honey - we're all thinking of you here x0x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Hoping you can resolve it. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh no - that wasn't what I was expecting to read I guess it is hard to predict how our dogs will react to new situations

I am sure with your experience and patience and with the help of the Guide Dog people you will work something out.

Fingers, toes, paws and everything else crossed here.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry to read this, I am sure 'tho that you will sort it out.

Thinking of you x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Hope things settle down soon, keep us updated, fingers crossed for you xxx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Oh gawd.
I'm so sorry to read this Ailsa. I hope things settle down soon and can totally understand where you are coming from with Cosmo coming first. Fingers and paws crossed for you hun.
xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys.
I'm knackered!
Things are settling a little. I think the trouble is Cosmo is very bouncy and has no control over most of his limbs most of the time. He also plays in a very Flat Coat sort of way, all feet and teeth so the pup hasn't got a clue how to react. Cosmo just wants to play with him ALL the time, if the pup moves, he chases him, if he's lying still he's play bowing and offering him toys and pawing him. The aggression thing I think was down to the fact that the pup tried to suckle form him!!!!! Bless them both.
The touble is, the pup is totally different when Cosmo isn't around, he becomes much more playful and puppyish...when Cosmo is there he doesn't want to move much as he ends up floored. I have excluded Cosmo a couple of times now and I hate doing it, he is, at the end of the day, our dog and is only a baby himself.
Even my son isn't getting a chcance to play with the pup much as Cosmo wants to be involved too. I just don't think it's fair to exclude Cosmo all the time.Infact, I haven't even seen much of my son as he takes himself off to play... Biff, as ususal, is sleeping through it all. He and MOrris used to voluntarily exclude themselves for the first month a puppy was here, so things are VERY different.
Lucas, is a delight, even if he doesn't sleep at night...

I think decisions will have to be made quickly, both for Lucas and for Cosmo. Perhaps Cosmo is just too young and bouncy still to be introducing a pup that doesn't belong to us. It has been vERY surprising and I feel bad I didn't anticipate it all...but everyone ahs been shocked.
Could do with a kip.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I must admit that Max and Murphy were a bit like this when we got Murphy. The size difference was huge, and Max would floor Murphy without thinking about it/realising...

He even laid on him once and the noise Murphy made was horrible!

Do Flatties play like Boxers? Feet and mouth, all jumpy and bouncy?

We taught Max a "gentle" command and also "steady".... he got lots of praise when he was good around Murphy and he did get excluded if he couldn't behave.
The way I saw it was, although it was horrible excluding him, he had to learn to behave around puppies and smaller dogs.

You can make sure you give Cosmo special one-on-ones when Lucas is sleeping (does he sleep??)
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >