Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Sorry for disappearing!!!
He is indeed a Guide dog puppy. He'll be 7 weeks on arrival. My Superviser has said Cosmo is ready and offered us this particular cross because we've had his half brother before and we enjoyed it! Infact we saw his half brother when we visited Derbyshire and he is LOVELY still (although he weighs in at 48kg and Cosmo wasn't sure if he was meeting a small pony or not!)
He's called Lucas and should be arriving a week on Wednesday all being well.
You know, we've tried to talk ourselves out of it, tried the paper in a hat thing countless times, but everything has pointed us towards having him.
I know one thing based on experience.....

..........he's going to be VERY cute!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Can't wait to meet him
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Now we have looked at it every way possible,neither can I. I am checking the puppy stuff...hasn't been out for about 9 months....
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 04:44 PM
He sounds gorgeous and you are not mad, well not entirely Glad you have all finally decided, bet that is a weight off

Do we get to see pics or are you not allowed?

I love the name, 2nd son's name
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Puppy walkers do a great job, so well done you, It must be hard to give them up though, my mum had a guide dog called Fay, who was a total star, I think people who can be puppy walkers really make a difference.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
He sounds gorgeous and you are not mad, well not entirely Glad you have all finally decided, bet that is a weight off

Do we get to see pics or are you not allowed?

I love the name, 2nd son's name
I think I may be able to post a couple of this one, there were reasons I couldn't with the last one.
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Puppy walkers do a great job, so well done you, It must be hard to give them up though, my mum had a guide dog called Fay, who was a total star, I think people who can be puppy walkers really make a difference.
It is incredibly hard to give them up, but worth it when you are able to see the wonderful work that they do. Mind you, I hand on heart have to say none of us (my family) think we are doing anything amazing, at the end of the day, we have the joy and pleasure of a pup for a year. If it wasn't for puppy walking I wouldn't have fallen in love with Flat Coats.

I have realised this will be the sixth puppy in house since Feb 2004.....
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Ooh ooh - just got back from my holiday and saw this news. I am so pleased for you Ailsa. It must be nice to have the weight taken from your shoulders now the decision has been made

He is going to be utterly gorgeous. I can't wait to see piccies.

By the way, Yogi started puppy class last week and there was a liver Flatcoat bitch pup who had come from Derbyshire. Isn't that where Cosmo's breeder is from? I wonder if they are related
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Yes, you are completely insane....
But exactly the type of insane that Guide Dogs need to carry out this vital work!

Best of luck with the new pup and I'm really hoping for photos this time round!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Have you got him then, have you, have you?????

Hurry up and let us know - we're all bursting with excitement here
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 04:01 PM
He arrived yesterday...only popped on for a second. He is v cute (no time for pics now... sorry) but there are probelms with him and Cosmo. Cosmo ain't happy...he wants to play with him but is too rough and the pup hurt him last night and Cosmo turned nasty, which totally shocked me I have to say. I took the pup out in the garden after it and Cosmo wouldn't let him back in. Real deep throat growls...not good. V. time consuming and stressful. We'll just have to see how it goes, Cosmo does come first as resident dog. I have to leave you with that and probably won't be around much the next few days....sorry...
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >