Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:04 AM

I am a cruel dog owner apparently

Walking along the old railway line last night with Monty I got chatting to a couple who didn't have a dog, they were just out for a stroll.

Anyway as I got nearer they stopped to stroke Monty and ask about him. I explained about his bald patches when they asked and they told me about a friend who had boxers years ago.

The woman then says "I hope you don't mind me saying" which obviously indicates that I will mind and then proceeds to tell me that it's cruel that I didn't have Monty docked and he will suffer from problems in later life because of it?!?

I politely told her that it wasn't my choice whether he was docked or not and that the law decided and that personally I thought it was good that they can no longer dock.

So apparently letting your dog have a tail is now an act of cruelty and I'm expecting the Rspca round any day to lock me up!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:06 AM
You just can't win can you Your cruel if you dock and your cruel if you don't

Elaine xx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:10 AM
What a bloody cheek!! I would have let rip at her. It is the LAW FFS and its none of her business about your dog anyway!! Ggrrr!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Oh my god! What a cheek! Idiots.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Surely, if your dog was supposed to have a docked tail it would be born like it!!! You should've said that to them, what reaction would you have got back!!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm stunned! Sure, there's the old argument that he might damage his tail whereas he wouldn't if it had been docked (Meh!) but to state he'll have problems in later life...
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
How rude are some people!!!! Who asked for their opinion anyways. I've been told I'm cruel before for putting a coat or a teeshirt on the Chis, even though they feel the cold something awful (obviously don't put anything on them when the weather is nice) but people act like you give a damn what they think
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Don't worry! I got a sea of shocked faces on Tuesday when I explained that I'd CHOSEN to keep Max undocked (as he was born before the ban)....

P.S. Neither of my boys have injured their tails at all. Mind you, they've injured eyes, mouths, paws etc enough!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
he does more damage to my furniture, my legs and anything on my coffee table with his tail than he does damage to himself!

I found it quite absurd as well, we're so used to positive comments about his tail that I didn't see the negative one coming.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 12:07 PM
We have two boxer pups at training class and I think they look sooooo much better with their tails anyway! Our Jake was docked and how hard did he try and wag that invisible tail????????

Elaine xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >