Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:14 AM

Rant....

Be warned as mentioned in the title....

Yesterday whilst walking 2 of the dogs down at the creek. (I had Siren, Mum had Celt) It was very peaceful but there were a couple of other people around. One was a couple wth a Lab (having great fun in the water) and a Dacshund, fine, we stoped at the first bit of water to allow the guys to swim and by the time we started moving so had they....

But....another couple were walking in our direction. They had a small dog off the lead. Now Siren can be quite bouncy with dogs and Celt likes to go and say hello, added to the fact they both love people and these were dressed in very nice clothes and our guys were filthy...you can see the potential! So our guys went onto the lead - about 30/40 foot away. We were not walking fast and neither were they.

As we got closer thier dog (a Lasa type) rushed out and started barking round Siren, now she is not aggressive, but she was stuck on a lead and couldn't go anywhere, bless her she just completely froze and ignored the dog. I then called her behind me as soon as I could, so the dog moved on to Celt and did the same thing. Mum was slightly less restrained than me in telling it off, which disgusted the people.

Had I had Tassle with me or Mum had Champa - this dog could have got very hurt with its actions. Luckily we had 2 very non-reactive guys with us, but it was SO unfair to them.

And breath.....the more I thought about it the crosser I got! Sorry.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
from the way you describe, sounds like it wasnt too bad a situation?

just annoying little dog getting told off by your 2 in an inconsequential way?

mine will do this in a similar way ....i just just shrug my shoulders and think fair enough to them..

unless there is more to this i dont know?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
from the way you describe, sounds like it wasnt to bad a situation?

just annoying little dog getting told off by your 2 in an inconsequential way?

unless there is more to this i dont know?
No - nothing happened....the dog was not even told off by our dogs. They were very good and both ignored it....it was the owners I was livid at - they obviously knew how thier dog behaves...they saw us coming and the fact that we put our dogs on the lead and they allowed thier dog to run up and bark around them (she did not make contact but was close enough to).

Its the mentality that becasue thier dog is small and ours are large they do no have to worry about her behaviour around them.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
No - nothing happened....the dog was not even told off by our dogs. They were very good and both ignored it....it was the owners I was livid at - they obviously knew how thier dog behaves...they saw us coming and the fact that we put our dogs on the lead and they allowed thier dog to run up and bark around them (she did not make contact but was close enough to).
ah you mean you and your mum told off the owners.
whoops, i thought you meant the dogs!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
ah you mean you and your mum told off the owners.
whoops, i thought you meant the dogs!
thats the trouble with a rant...the mind often is typing faster than the fingers....
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Not all small dog people think like that!
Becky
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Not all small dog people think like that!
Becky
No - I know....we have small dogs as well...I was just cross. If one of ours had gone back it we would have got a lot of trouble...
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Some people just don't think ! and it wastes a perfectly good walk and sticks in your head all day, I hate when things like that happen xx