Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Scary stuff. Rivers and dogs as a combination scare me a lot quite frankly...

When mine swims, the collar comes off. Back on as soon as we move away from the water.
Hmmm....trouble is Cosmo would have his collar on and off like a mad thing...he is totally obsessed.
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
sending Cosmo and you some Fudge coated hugs!
Thank you they are much appreciated.
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Omg, that must have been frightening!! Thankfully no harm done, well the mobile maybe!

Harvey went off to retrieve a ball in the sea the other day, and the ball was being carried out further and I went into a blind panic - fortunately on command - he left the ball and came back to dry land x
It was. Balls in the sea are also scary.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
OMG, how scary for you and poor Cosmo I'm just so pleased that your OH was with you to help him out

It wasn't too long ago that Jack went for a swim in the river and found what the thought was a stick on the other side of the river, he grabed it, but it was still attached to the tree and he wouldn't give up, he went under a couple of times in his efforts to detached it that for me was really scary and he was in controll of the situation, I can't begin to imagine how you felt, what a scary time for you both

Big hugs for Cosmo and Jack send Collie licks and wags and sugests he sticks to muddy puddles in the future
Yes...muddy puddles are far less stressful! For all concerned I think. It was very frightening.
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
glad it was a happy ending ., poor love .
Thanks.
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
That must have been a heart stopping moment, have you calmed down yet? poor cosmo and all of you, thats the thing with pets one minute alls fine, the next seer panic. at least it didn't put him off the water for long

forgot to say, give the hero of the hour a BIG HUG.
I shall. He's chuffed with all these hugs
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
How Scary Wamble!! Are you OK now?

Poor chaps, both of them!!

Woody always swims with harness and collar on. Not anymore!!!
I have let him swim with a harness on thinking it would be easier to pull him out if anything happened...that was the logic anyhow...not anymore. It really wasn't massively deep and wasn't fast flowing or anything. OH was in to just past his waist (he's 6 ft 2).
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
poor you !!!
what a fright you must have got, hugs all round !!!

bruno doesnt do water so not a problem for us.
It is easier...I am always checking for water and mud!!!
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Because I don't attach a lead to their collars, ours are all quite loose. The plan is that the dog can reverse out of it if necessary. It's not been tested for real yet though.
The harness is quite loose and to be honest I think that was the reason it got so easily attached,I do see the logic of loose collars and them wriggling out..but it could also make it more likely they attach themselves to something?
I am definitely going to ask my friend about the ones that pop open.
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Good grief, Ailsa, how terrifying for you all.

Good on your OH - Baz would have done the same, I reckon

x0x
I think he remembered the time, many years ago, when MO got stuck in a canal with a lily pad over his eyes so he couldn't see where we were to swim back to us and was panicking...OH was nearly pushed in that time...so I think part of him didn't want to give me the chance!
No, in all seriousness, he didn't have to be asked, he just did it. He's a total star.
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Poor Cosmo Well Done to your OH for saving him.....Must have been scary to see. Hope your OH enjoyed his cake
He did thanks
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
crickey, i can imagine how scarey that was - well done to your OH.

Must admit I often take the dogs collar's off when they're swimming - but not for that reason, just that their rufss seem to take so long to dry off with a wet collar on.
Any river swimming in the future may well be done in a collarless manner...
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
OMG! Mobile phones can be replaced, Cosmo (or OH) can't! Thank goodness your OH was brave enough to go in for him.

Willow isn't keen on water, thank goodness. (I reckon with only one front leg she'd be swimming in circles anyway. ) But one day she jumped up on a wall beside a deep river and fell in! My Dad was on hand to drag her out of the reeds she fell amongst, otherwise she couldn't have done it herself, mountain goat that she is. I couldn't even see her, but thankfully Dad had spotted her head just above water.
Oh poor Willow Evie, bless, thank goodness your dad was there!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2009, 07:45 AM
That is so scary it happened to us a few years ago with Max when he was a puppy he went in the river near a lock gate and Gorden was able to lay on the towpath and get him with me holding the back of his trousers Max was no light weight and when wet even heavier. It put him off water for life.

Ollie only likes to go in up to his knees. Glad too hear you are all ok.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 07:50 AM
So glad Cosmo's ok Ramble x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
That is so scary it happened to us a few years ago with Max when he was a puppy he went in the river near a lock gate and Gorden was able to lay on the towpath and get him with me holding the back of his trousers Max was no light weight and when wet even heavier. It put him off water for life.

Ollie only likes to go in up to his knees. Glad too hear you are all ok.
How scary! I admit we won't walk Cosmo anywhere near a canal or any really fast flowing water as I think we would be in the same position.
Originally Posted by tink View Post
So glad Cosmo's ok Ramble x
Thanks
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3