View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 04:34 PM
I don`t want to go in August - I want to go when the school term is on. £500 for two people just for accomodation is a lot of money, I think. Then many places charge for the dog.
So no holiday this year.
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2009, 06:22 PM
You can get a tent for £40 that will sleep 4 people. Most campsites in Great Yarmouth charge £8 a night with electric and toilet facilities and you can normally take the dogs for free!

You can still have your holiday we camp with 5 Sibes in tow LOL
We have done it 3 times this year already.

Gemmsie
x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Just at a very quick search and assuming you could go for 4 nights on 6th July for 4 nights I found this:

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/v3/WebPag...etailPage.aspx

Seems reasonable to me. I personally think with the right amount of shopping round you can find some very good deals. Also a lot of cottages on that website offered discount for small groups.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Borrow a big caravan and go where you like...no restrictions on that really...
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi

I know there are cheaper holiday homes in Norfolk that that, where you looking? My friend rents out her two bedroom cottage near the North Norfolk coast for £400 for a week - no dogs allowed however at her place otherwise I would recommend it. Try this link, lots of reasonable cottages to stay. No where better than Norfolk - but I'm biased - I live there!

http://www.norfolkcottages.co.uk/
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Many thanks for all the suggestions. As I don`t drive we`re a bit restricted. Not sure I could carry camping gear! I`m sure Hoseasons only allow one dog and we`d have 2 at least (their site`s down atm).
It seems like landlords have cottoned on to the Doggy market and charge accordingly. Or it`s my fault for being single.
I know parents feel discriminated against because prices double in school holidays, but singles have to pay double all year, as a rule.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Many thanks for all the suggestions. As I don`t drive we`re a bit restricted. Not sure I could carry camping gear! I`m sure Hoseasons only allow one dog and we`d have 2 at least (their site`s down atm).
It seems like landlords have cottoned on to the Doggy market and charge accordingly. Or it`s my fault for being single.
I know parents feel discriminated against because prices double in school holidays, but singles have to pay double all year, as a rule.
Imagine how the single parents with dogs in tow feel.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2009, 10:40 AM
We stayed in a beautifull self catering house in Colchester i think its £60 a night and we took our 2 dogs with us, you have your own house and can get breakfast included if you want and come and go as you please.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 10:55 AM
And if you come to Colchester, we could meet up and I'll show you all the best walks round here ... Of course, you could just come and stay in my spare room, but 7 dogs in a 2 bedroomed terrace, may be a bit of a squeeze

I went to Craig Y nos Castle in Wales last year which was an absolutely fantastic break and had no restriction to doggy numbers....

It is difficult though.. I am also single and have three dogs, It's hard to find places that will let you go.

I did go to Centre parks one year but was seriously unimporessed. they let you take dogs but gave the doggy peiople the worst cabins miles from anything and no provisions for them.. little squares of stinky bark to poop in and not even a fenced garden area for the dogs.. Plus dogs were not allowed anywhere in the main park area and there was no where even to eat witht he dogs.. I thought it was appauling.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
And if you come to Colchester, we could meet up and I'll show you all the best walks round here ... Of course, you could just come and stay in my spare room, but 7 dogs in a 2 bedroomed terrace, may be a bit of a squeeze

I went to Craig Y nos Castle in Wales last year which was an absolutely fantastic break and had no restriction to doggy numbers....

It is difficult though.. I am also single and have three dogs, It's hard to find places that will let you go.

I did go to Centre parks one year but was seriously unimporessed. they let you take dogs but gave the doggy peiople the worst cabins miles from anything and no provisions for them.. little squares of stinky bark to poop in and not even a fenced garden area for the dogs.. Plus dogs were not allowed anywhere in the main park area and there was no where even to eat witht he dogs.. I thought it was appauling.
May take up your offer when we come to colchester, we come a couple of times a year to visit my partners son and his girlfriend. We stay in Stanway - off lucy lane south dont know if you know that area and its a great that we can bring our dogs, they love going on the beach and we go to Clacton on Sea which is good. Any walks that you can advise would be great, we been on some nature walk but not sure where in colchester that was and the dogs wouldnt behave.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >