Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Are you quoting honeysmummy?

I did a 10 day trip to South Africa, private game reserve, all expenses paid (group trip, so paying for just me) for just over £1000.
I did a month and it cost me £2,000 everything included! So £500 a week including 2 game drives a day and all my food etc!
Becky
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I did a month and it cost me £2,000 everything included! So £500 a week including 2 game drives a day and all my food etc!
Becky
Wow, that is cheap. When did you go if you don't mind me asking? did that include flights though? (my flights, if I remember correctly, were a good £500).
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I went to the Amakhala reserve in the Eastern Cape. Can't remember all the costs as I had a bash at climbing Kilimanjaro before hand for 10 days!
Becky
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 11:40 AM
I've just checked out some holiday cottages in Wales, and for a week in August, all the cottages that met my search (sleeps 2, more than 1 dog, Llyn Peninsula) were over £800 a week.

Not a chance. If we had that much money to spend, we'd go abroad!!

Just think, £800 for a cottage, £100 for food (cos we'd have to buy it to take with us), plus petrol, plus spends... that's £1000 for a week's holiday in the UK.

We've got a cottage booked in September for this year. We can't go on holiday between May and August cos of the prices.

We tend to camp a lot, but the campsites are getting so busy now, it's not as enjoyable as it was...
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Wellllll we are going to Skeggy for a week in July..

£144 for caravan fees
£200 for fuel

Only need to add spending money etc to it..
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Things are less friendly here for dogs than a year or 2 ago. The hotels are now charging extra and restricting size. In the past, we have mostly just looked for pet friendly accomadations with our puppies we are raising to be service dogs. We did have to play the service dog card for next weekend at the wedding we are going to.

We still need reservations for the OH's class reunion 4 July. What I have seen online isn't looking good.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Wellllll we are going to Skeggy for a week in July..

£144 for caravan fees
£200 for fuel

Only need to add spending money etc to it..

EWWWW.

a cheap holiday but skeggy??????

a day trip is all i can take of that place. i'm not one for the traditional british holiday.

we're off to Normandy in July. 1 Gite x 10 people £115 + £33 ferry + £80 petrol each. oh and £50 for wine, sod the food.
petrol is cheap as we're going on the motorbike.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
EWWWW.

a cheap holiday but skeggy??????

a day trip is all i can take of that place. i'm not one for the traditional british holiday.

we're off to Normandy in July. 1 Gite x 10 people £115 + £33 ferry + £80 petrol each. oh and £50 for wine, sod the food.
petrol is cheap as we're going on the motorbike.
We go for the stock car weekend..have done for the last 15years..same weekend every year..strange not be racing this year though..
Kids love it..

We have the heavy horse centre, butterfly and wildlife park, go karts, seal sanctuary, fantasy island, etc etc
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Well, I just spoke to my parents and they are paying exactly £500 for their cottage in August. Obviously that doesn't account for petrol getting there, food, etc.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
We go for the stock car weekend..have done for the last 15years..same weekend every year..strange not be racing this year though..
Kids love it..

We have the heavy horse centre, butterfly and wildlife park, go karts, seal sanctuary, fantasy island, etc etc
Sounds like great fun to me
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >