Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:07 AM

House feels empty - Mouse at vets.

Who would have thought a 2.6kg dog would have such a presence in a house?!
My little lady is in the vets right now having her deciduous teeth removed & a microchip put in. I chose this new vet because the vet & vet nurse breed Chihuahuas & are really soppy with them . It is slightly more expensive than my usual vet but I feel better about Mouse going here.
Whilst there the vet nurse invited my daughter (school is shut because is being used as a voting station) & I in to see a litter of her pups having their fist vaxx. And we got introduced to their new pup they have brought in ---- also named Mouse!!! I went into gushy melt down which isn't like me - they were so tiny! we got Mouse at 12 weeks so had never seen an 8 week old Chi before.

My daughter has asked the vet if we can keep the teeth that are removed to see if the tooth fairy comes for Mouse - more bloody expense! she said that really teeth are clinical waste - but as the tooth fairy might come we could definitely have them.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I know that feeling of an empty house. *hugs* to you.
Mouse will soon be home again xx

Oh, and the new vet sounds wonderful
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Aw poor mouse, she'll be back to herself in no time I bet...nice you found a vet with a genuine interest in your breed too, how lucky is that xx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a great vet!
I hate an empty house too !
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 12:06 PM
THanks for the support x
I have just got her home - I had a call saying that she was better off at home than waiting in the kennel.
It wasn't just her 3 retained k9's that were removed - she's had 2 back teeth removed too The vet said that her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she looked in the back of her mouth because she's obviously inherited the JRT teeth but the Chihuahua jaw line
They didn't charge me extra for the extra extractions which was really nice of them - should have been an extra £35 to do that but she said she just couldn't charge that.
I've got a day on the sofa with a very dribbly sleepy little dog!
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 02:02 PM
She's really milking this one!
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Little Tinker milking it for all its worth I bet has Mouse eaten anything yet? I bet her mouth will feel sore for a few days poor girl. Tell her Ziggy will love her better and eat her chew sticks
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 06:41 PM
never mind she be home soon . i remember when ,our first collie bessey , after we lost her ,the house .i discribed ,as being like a library .there is just the two of us . i hated it . no dog hair to hoover up ect (we all moan about it ).but i wouldnt swop mine .
i love her name by the way . how did you choose it ?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Ooooh it's a horrible feeling not having them around I know.
So pleased she is back with you now and I hope she feels better soon.