View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:25 AM
I cried at Springwatch as well - they were lapwing chicks, wasn't it sad. Its just nature cruel as it is.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Oh I missed Springwatch
Nature can be cruel though.
Becky
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
First there was CM sticking a choke chain around the neck of a frightened dog to get it off the bed. Dog yelped and looked petrified. CM claimed the dog wasn't resisting. No, that's because you scared the crap out of it. I switched over.

Then, I watched Animal 24/7 and saw the story of a poor bull type bitch with terrible mastitise trying to raise her pups alone in a room of filth with no food or water and a hard bed and the fox (vixen with pups) who was killed by an illegal snare twisting round her throat as she tried to free herself to go back to her cubs who are now stranded with no mother and will probably die!I cried through the whole thing.

Then I just went to bed!!
I cried at that too I HATE snares with a passion. Unfortunately they are extensively used on the estate where I live and I DETEST it After dogs, foxes are my fave creatures.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Then, I watched Animal 24/7 and saw the story of a poor bull type bitch with terrible mastitise trying to raise her pups alone in a room of filth with no food or water and a hard bed and the fox (vixen with pups) who was killed by an illegal snare twisting round her throat as she tried to free herself to go back to her cubs who are now stranded with no mother and will probably die!
Now, I watched a bit of Animal 24/7 and when the fox came on, I couldn't understand why they didn't just shoot it. They are vermin, plain and simple.

I couldn't watch the programme past the first 10 minutes or so.... cos things like this wind me up, including the RSPCA officer's comments about the teeny puppy (which was something about only buying from 'registered breeders' - WTF is a 'registered breeder' when it's at home?)...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
First there was CM sticking a choke chain around the neck of a frightened dog to get it off the bed. Dog yelped and looked petrified. CM claimed the dog wasn't resisting. No, that's because you scared the crap out of it. I switched over.

Then, I watched Animal 24/7 and saw the story of a poor bull type bitch with terrible mastitise trying to raise her pups alone in a room of filth with no food or water and a hard bed and the fox (vixen with pups) who was killed by an illegal snare twisting round her throat as she tried to free herself to go back to her cubs who are now stranded with no mother and will probably die!

I cried through the whole thing.

Then I just went to bed!!
Ditto to Animal 24/7.

As for that other prat, he's never on in this house.....
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Ditto to Animal 24/7.

As for that other prat, he's never on in this house.....
Oh I'm glad I'm not alone, it was dreadfully upsetting.

Re ''him'', he never is in our either but I was curious to see if there was any improvemment as it's been years but it seems even worse!!

Grrrr!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2