Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:42 PM

TV tonight was bloody upsetting!!

First there was CM sticking a choke chain around the neck of a frightened dog to get it off the bed. Dog yelped and looked petrified. CM claimed the dog wasn't resisting. No, that's because you scared the crap out of it. I switched over.

Then, I watched Animal 24/7 and saw the story of a poor bull type bitch with terrible mastitise trying to raise her pups alone in a room of filth with no food or water and a hard bed and the fox (vixen with pups) who was killed by an illegal snare twisting round her throat as she tried to free herself to go back to her cubs who are now stranded with no mother and will probably die!

I cried through the whole thing.

Then I just went to bed!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:47 PM
I cried at Springwatch.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I cried at Springwatch.
Really? Why? I missed it tonight but the other night I felt sad when I read about the bloody cukoo shoving the reed warblers babies out and the poor ree warbler still feeding the ****ing cukoo as if it was her own!! I hate cuckoos!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
It was some little water birds (can't remember their names, so upset I've blocked it) who had nested in a mad place...where basically the babes fledged into mad running water. One of them went in the water and couldn't get out, he struggled so much one of the team went to help him..but he died. The next day even the 2 that made it couldn't be found, nor could one of the parents and the parent that was left was trying to feed the dead chick
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh my God that is dreadful!! I'm glad I didn't watch that!!

Am I getting softer or is telly getting more graphic.

I guess it's the circle of life and all that but bloody hell!! I can't stop thinking of the fox, killing itself to try to break free and get back to her cubs who are now wondering where she is!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Aww nature is cruel
I am glad the springwatch crew tried to save the bird - I know you are not supposed to but I would help every time
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I remember big cat diary with little Toto and the one where the lion was clinging on to the baby elephant and dragging it down!

I don't know why I watch these programmes but I am fascinated by them.

I was on the phone to the vets today and there was a woofer just coming round from his anaesthetic. He was howling and it was so sad to hear, especially when the nurse said ''it's ok, they juist wake up abit confused and it's scary for them''! Great. that makes me feel better!! Poor chap.
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:10 PM
im glad i was to busy to watch t.v
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I was on the phone to the vets today and there was a woofer just coming round from his anaesthetic. He was howling and it was so sad to hear, especially when the nurse said ''it's ok, they juist wake up abit confused and it's scary for them''! Great. that makes me feel better!! Poor chap.
That was something I always found quite hard when I worked at the vets.

However, there was always one of us to sit in the kennel with the dog and just be with them as they came around (usually me!)

If we had small animals in, that were struggling to wake up or were very poorly they used to end up down the vet nurse's top and if it was a puss cat they were generally fine and if they weren't you tend not to risk your skin!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
First there was CM sticking a choke chain around the neck of a frightened dog to get it off the bed. Dog yelped and looked petrified. CM claimed the dog wasn't resisting. No, that's because you scared the crap out of it. I switched over.

Then, I watched Animal 24/7 and saw the story of a poor bull type bitch with terrible mastitise trying to raise her pups alone in a room of filth with no food or water and a hard bed and the fox (vixen with pups) who was killed by an illegal snare twisting round her throat as she tried to free herself to go back to her cubs who are now stranded with no mother and will probably die!

I cried through the whole thing.

Then I just went to bed!!
Yep, I watched that. They were then deemed a 'Pit Bull' types and put to sleep (mum and pups).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >