View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I came into a house that had..multiple, to say the least which in my early years then grew into even more..multiple and everyone around me was the same, and one thing I always noticed was dogs behaved more like dogs when brought up/living with other dogs..whether owners intentially or unintentially humanize their single dogs almost is not the point im trying to make, but multiple dogs home seem to act more "doggy" in the sense they can interact, play, behave, squabble like dogs..with dogs, etc. This has always enchanted me, I don't think I could do just the one.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 11:51 PM
i only have one just now (and have only had him 2 weeks lol) coz i still live at home and my parents refuse to let me get more than one. took me 3 years to get jake after sam died. when i move out i want to get more, lots and lots of doggies

lauren
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Ref Insurance, i pay £69 a month for 4 dogs with Direct Lines advanced policy, i worked it out the other day and what i have claimed for Millie alone this year is more than the premiums for all 4 for 4 years. Yes its a big chunk but i wouldn't be without it, like someone else said you just adjust your priorities
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I am not saying it isn't, but there are alternatives. Setting up a separate bank account for vet expenses is one of them. What people choose to do is their own prerogative

Obviously you have to weigh up the costs and benefits and choose an option that is most suitable for your situation, taking into account your financial situation, how many dogs you own, etc. For example, I think that with multiple dogs insurance is almost definately the most wise option.
This is a good idea but i would be hopeless at putting the money away - i would have to set up a DD ! and maybe have one of those accounts where you have to give a certain amount of notice before drawing money - or i would spend it
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:05 AM
We always wanted 2 dogs and collected Brinley from his foster home on the Thursday, and Betty from the vets the next day, Betty loved Brin as soon as she saw him, and he is really good with her, she has learned a lot from him, and I think she would be really hard work on her own,he is a real calming influence on her and they really enjoy each others company, and they are both great with the 6 cats we have as well.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I just think that several dogs together is fun and interesting to watch from a human point of view and it's also better for the dogs involved as the companionship another canine can offer cannot be beaten.

It does take alot of money, time and dedication to give adequate attention to each dog and any more than 3 I think I would struggle with.
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
i've got two and am now thinking about getting another but i do prefer to have even numbers,so it looks as if number four will be coming soon why are pups so cute!!!!!!!
LABRADORK!! good choice in the slovak but now i want to know all the imfo they are really lovely and i never though i would have anything but weims but my next is going to be another slovak ros
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Holly-Rosee View Post
i've got two and am now thinking about getting another but i do prefer to have even numbers,so it looks as if number four will be coming soon why are pups so cute!!!!!!!
LABRADORK!! good choice in the slovak but now i want to know all the imfo they are really lovely and i never though i would have anything but weims but my next is going to be another slovak ros
Gorgeous dogs, certainly. I am excited already!

PS. I think the chap that has breed mine has a couple still available... Not ready til' July.
Mesta
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 04:22 PM
hi
i thought to have one but it should be male dog for me.
My gsd's mother delivered 3 puppy in once; 2 boy and 1 girl.When i saw two boy,i can not decide which one?Both were perfect and directly come to my ear for sucking.So i can not leave both.
it became 3 now, because my best friend named Baris is the owner of Alp normally but when i lost KralDost , i was absolutely cancelled so he think that if i will loose AsilDost, i will be die with him.So he told me that , his one is mine from now.He wants me to be in relation from now with Alp to be more powerfully for being ready if i loose AsilDost.It was a nice suprise for me but i accepted.So Actually i have now one dog but like two dog
But i am sure that they are my last dogs.
Regards
Mesta
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
LABRADORK are you getting yours off MR D B if so i'm already hoping to have a look at the babies

ros
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >