Our sister sites
Our sister sites
banji
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
quote billy1111
NOW COULD SOMEONE BE KIND ENOUGH TO HELP ME GET OFF THIS SITE

its a shame that yet another person has felt the need to get away from this site.
it occurs to me that all the people who dont believe that they are alpha above there pooches must be very well trained owners indeed.
the meer fact that you tell your dog wen it will eat or walk and even go to the toilet means you are the boss. when you tell it to do cute things for you, beg for food, jump over obstacles, anything, you are being the alpha, the dog respects you for that and does as you ask. if it wasnt doing as you ask then it would see itself as higher ranking.
the way you get this respect can be achieved in many ways.
i think the meeting that billy111 advertised is a great opprtunity for dog lovers to get together and maybe learn more in the process.
i know nothing about what this person does but being alpha doesnt mean that he uses force.
all my dogs see me as alpha and that has not been through force or shouting or equipment, its meerely because i have shown them through leadership. i know better than them.that makes me alpha.
i dont know why people think its so bad to be alpha when all it is is taking the responsability off your dog and you showing it you know whats best.
makes for a very happy dog.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Of course anyone who is going to come onto this site and proclaim
Come and meet behaviourist Billy ,the renowned "Dog Master

is going to be in for some scrutinising. How can he be renowned when none of us have heard of him!
If you're going to make big claims then be prepared to be questioned!
Becky
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Hello, stay around.
We may not always agree with each other but it usually remains civil enough, just develop a thick skin and you'll be fine
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Well, I've read all of Billy's latest posts, and I've come to the conclusion that he's the canine's equivalent to what Monty Roberts is in the Equine World, and I buy Monty Roberts, his practices work, he's studied long and hard just watching horses in the wild and he can break a horse in within 10 minutes without the need for force or hobbling it! I think Billy is the same, he gets into the dog's head and works on them that way, without brute force or ignorance, and without doing it by the book, he observes, he reasons and he acts accordingly, and that in my book is what it's all about, all dogs are different and what works for one doesn't always work for another, you have to take your time to observe and reason why and you end up with a good result when you act, which I'm sure Billy does. I like Rich's post too, totally agree with that! I vehemently agree that all dogs need a leader, they have to, just like a horse does, it gives them the confidence to be themselves without any fear, and we all know what fear causes!

I will be reading all your posts Billy, only wish I could come on the dog walking experience, but I'm too far away
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
No they don't
I refer to the 'No thet don't' which referred to dogs believing they belong to the pack/family. On face value, that is a very distressing statement. I certainly think of Jake as part of our family/pack and I think he does too, based on a lot of things but mainly just because he seems to enjoy hanging out with us.
Billy1111
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Of course anyone who is going to come onto this site and proclaim

is going to be in for some scrutinising. How can he be renowned when none of us have heard of him!
If you're going to make big claims then be prepared to be questioned!
Becky
So becky ,
How do you interact with you dog if he/she is not a part of your family?
If you were stuck on a desert island, with were to escape you wouldn't hope there was a comando or something similar to take controll , that everyone would listen too?

Yes dog need respect too , see what i mean if your looking for a problem you will find it in anything i say.
banji
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
quote mahooli
Quote:
Domesticated dogs do look at life with there family as a pack
quote mahooli
No they don't.

how does he see it then if its not a pack.your dog.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm interested in how you feel your dog sees you and your family too Mahooli? I feel that my dog is part of our family and I would be very sad if he wasn't.
Billy1111
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately i got here a little late.
But to back my point in my earlier post . all of you who have acted in a certain way . Feel you didn't find something out about me , from viewing my site find negative points and use this in an overly dominate aggressive way?? to your advantage?? You don't me what if i had been an insecure person ? people tend to listen better and the result is more rewarding when you are pleasant. Yes this maybe be a very emotive subject , by surely your points would be made better in a positive way , if i had been an overly dominant trainer , is it not better for the dogs sake to be suggestive and helpful?
Sometimes in life there things and people you can not explain its evolution.
People have said to me , they don't believe in miracles the answer to that i tell them is there not looking hard enough they walk around with there eyes closed and there eyes shut. They are closed , They can not understand.
To me ,someone i know had to have there dog operated on,
as he had a tumour in his leg , the dog is 10 he now has three legs , can pull like a stream train is not Caused by this , This is a miracle is is not?
Or perhaps the lady who only has one leg and walks her dog on crutches through mud wind and hail is a miracle.
No one believes in this unless its an act so astounding and amazing it has to be.the unexplainable happens , it just is .we should encourage change
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Come and meet behaviourist Billy ,the renowned "Dog Master
Last edited by Annestaff : 02-06-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Sorry we don't allow link dropping.
Billy is self taught and he offers the vast 34 years experience and knowledge he has gained from raw experiences and interaction with canines making him a formidable and capable Alpha Male
I walk the walk the walk(very CM) , i am good at what i do , i don't need people like you googleing me and running me down.i guess that's want people do when they fear the winds changing or there is a threat on there turf
If there were more people like me in this business there would be less dog problems.
so it's a business
is it

I have been bitten on several occasions and still successfully rehabilitated the dog (although now i have put this no doubt you will find some text book quote to take all this out of context too.)
oh and by the way i have enough work please do check out my web site hits which should hopefully give you a good idea of my client base
(please explain how a hit on your website shows your client base)

i have had several people of high powered postions within the canine community say that my site is a really good site.?(like who ?)
Do you like the picture of five dog on the first web page it is of five full male dogs , i do have others i nedd to add with me walking 10 dogs on leads to heal
oh and then another with me allowing dogs to sit.
from a down several dogs exhibiting recall from distance
?
which shows exactly what ?

I would never be overly dominant with any dog.
-thought you didn't use domination ?

By Alpha . all i mean is a household has two alphas mum and dad , they lay the rules down , set the boundaries and establish there authority in a normal manner . That is how my household works anyway. Not by being overly dominant or demanding or angry or harsh , but by being . calm suggestive and clear in you decisions and rules (hope all this makes sense .
not overly dominant, not overly demanding, nor overly harsh ?

That is why what i use works for me , i believe in what can be achieved , i believe in the dog , yes i have been bitten,not because the dog is afraid , not because the dog fells threatened or dominated but because ,it is a release of energy a reaction,we have the logical thought process not dogs .it is simply a reaction.
So biting isn't either aggression, fear or protection it's just a release of energy so it's ok for dogs to bite ???

Wow what a lot of theories you have & as you are a self acclaimed behaviourizt they all hinge around the"Alpha Male"(as you call yourself on your website & pack domination.

The facts on real packs(as per wolves wild dogs etc etc)is that a male & a female meet & mate(at the choice of the female not the male BTW)the pack develops from their direct offspring. The female is the "Leader"as it is her that has selected her mate & it is her that prevents all the other females from conceiving(so there are no fights between the male offspring to mate the other females in the pack) The male's role is that of a sperm donor & hunter when the bitch has initially given birth(whelps are weaned at 4 weeks of age).

A true domestic dog group leader rarely has to do anything other than a look, a body movement or a quiet noise I had a female GSD who could stop excessively noisy/rough play or anything else by simply looking at the"offenders"she never growled, she never ever made any grand gesture. She appeared to be very laid back with a temperament to die for around people & other animals, yet all the other dogs we had at the time had the utmost respect for her.

Dogs are quite well aware we are not dogs & are therefore outside their immediate canine group, but we do act as providers of food & stimulation(in the form of training), what we do not need to do is dominate them
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >