View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 03:43 PM
He certainly looks a prime example of this breed, and the one I see very morning has much shorter legs (she's a bitch though?) Should I tell my friend her's isn't quite up to standard???!! Hmmmmm, maybe not then!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Lovely well balanced little dog.

Nice broad skull, not to long in muzzle .... lovely dark eye, looks to have a nice bite (from what you can see)

Good length to neck, not to long or short...nice ears tapering to a nice v shape.

Nice length and bone to leg, with nice tight feet, looks to be in nice body shape, slightly longer than he is tall, with a good straight back.

Over all a dog that looks like he can do the job he is made for..... with a lovely cheeky expression to boot.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
He's smashing Dawn, what a lovely expression on that second pic. He looks very neat.

On another note, there's not much in the breed standard for them is there? Are they hard to judge going on that? Hindquaters for e.g. - Racy is all it asks for.
Thanks Kel. You are correct about the standard in parts, "vague" I think just about covers it!!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
He certainly looks a prime example of this breed, and the one I see very morning has much shorter legs (she's a bitch though?) Should I tell my friend her's isn't quite up to standard???!! Hmmmmm, maybe not then!!!
Thank you Helena. They shouldnt be short on the leg, but perhaps you friend doesnt need to know that.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Lovely well balanced little dog.

Nice broad skull, not to long in muzzle .... lovely dark eye, looks to have a nice bite (from what you can see)

Good length to neck, not to long or short...nice ears tapering to a nice v shape.

Nice length and bone to leg, with nice tight feet, looks to be in nice body shape, slightly longer than he is tall, with a good straight back.

Over all a dog that looks like he can do the job he is made for..... with a lovely cheeky expression to boot.
Thank you Jackbox. He does have a correct bite, my only gripe is still his tail, although a good thick tail and a nice shape, its still a bit curved when he is very excited!! Nothing in the standard that says it shouldnt be, but I dont like it!
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2008, 08:33 PM
He looks like he has a very good 'carroty' tail in the photo and a beautiful otter head..
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks BorderPop, much appreciated, I do love his head.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 11:24 PM
He's stunning Dawn, the only thing I'd like is a bit more weight on the ribs, but as he obviously works I'll forgive him.
Stunning head by the way
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks Morganstar.

He is very fit, the grizzling on the coat can sometimes be a bit deceiving, he's rock hard in condition.

Thanks for the lovely comment about his head.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2