Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 04:34 PM

Do you wear a poppy?

I do, on Rememberance day. It bugs me no end to see them worn from the beginning of October onwards.
So I was heartened to see that Jon Snow (Channel 4) is refusing to wear his until the day.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...surrender.html.

I bought mine a week or so ago, made a reasonable contribution, and I shall wear it on Thursday.

It's a bit like Christmas goods on sale in September. What is everyone elses feeling on this?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes I do and this year even the dogs have poppy dog tags on their collars. I usually end up buying quite a few and they all just get chucked on my dash board tbh other than that I lose them because they drop off. This year I bought a posh one that actually looks like a poppy as opposed to those paper things, I bought mine and the dogs online at the poppy shop and I've been wearing it since it arrived, personally I don't think it matters how long you wear them for and if wearing one prompts someone else to do the same then that's a good thing imo. The poppy isn't as important to me as making the donation.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Yup I usually where mine from my birthday (the 8th Nov)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I just get one when I see them on sale. I hadn`t realised they came out early. I always lose them anyway so get more than one.
One of my uncles died in the Battle of Britain. My mum kept his RAF `wings` in her jewellery box. He was her little brother amd I know she missed him loads.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I would if I could! I've been out and about every single morning this week, here, there and everywhere, and I haven't seen ONE person or place selling them????!!! I will be getting one as soon as I see them, but I can't believe they're so sparce on the ground around here
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Yep,always wear one and this year im sporting the new metal poppy badge.Infact i liked it that much i bought two-one for my work fleecy and one for my casual one!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-11-2010, 05:56 PM
http://www.poppyshop.org.uk/
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks Trouble, hmmmm, I can have a good shop around in there, I might get myself that jute shopping bag methinks! There was a time when I'd see people standing in the streets rattling the tin with a boxfull of poppies though, I never thought the day would come where I would have to buy one online! Anyway, this merchandise is far superier so far more fitting for the likes of me!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Oh you snob H but you're right
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I have been wearing my purpley blue one from Animal aid but my red one has gone on my brother's photo (along with the other 10 or more hanging off it!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >