View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Awww i would love ya to live next to me. I love rotties and would prob ask if my pup could play with them lol
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Sad to say you have to grow a thick hide when you become a Rottie owner (or staffie/GSD/Dobie owner!!).

The best thing to do is socialize your dog loads, teach it wonderful manners and be the best pair of ambassadors you can.

This will change more peoples opinions on the breed than any amount of conversation
Thornesstaf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Sad to say you have to grow a thick hide when you become a Rottie owner (or staffie/GSD/Dobie owner!!).

The best thing to do is socialize your dog loads, teach it wonderful manners and be the best pair of ambassadors you can.

This will change more peoples opinions on the breed than any amount of conversation
Well said! Heavensent I would love to live next to your dogs, as long as you could live next to my 2 staffs! I absolutely love rottis, fantastic dogs!
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks everyone for all your support....have calmed down a bit now....starting training with Shona soon so hopefully he will become a great ambasador for rescue rotties
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 08:56 PM
oooer, I got some lovely slobbery kisses from heavensents lad kenzo tonight,
hes a big soppy sod... he did very well at training to
Fi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:01 PM
We used to live next door to some rotties (and people). My mum convinced me that they were dangerous. Don't know why I believed her. I really regret it now I love rotties and I don't get to meet many. The ones I have were lovely though.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:15 PM
I think it's a media/stereotype thing to - sadly I would have been worried myself before I was a dog owner as I was terrified of big evil Rotties!
Oh....... yesterday we invited a rottie & owner into our garden who we see on our walks to play with Tilly. We were cutting the front lawn as he walked past and Tilly was doing her nut at the window. So she came into the back to play & she was one of most gorgeus lovable dogs I've ever met. Tilly was doing her mad puppy routine as she does on her own turf & rottie was more than tolerant!Daughter was giving it OMG it's huge & might "get me"........ we soon changed her mind.
(and she was a rescue, badly treated & rehabilitated dog too)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Lovely to hear this Tillymint

Yes, it's sad that many breeds are wrongly stereotyped - the media has a lot to blame for this
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Training last night was brill..Thanks to Shona I think our boy will turn out great...cant wait till next week now to see him in action again..Shona is brill with them
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 05:22 PM
You could always point out to your neighbour that many more children are harmed by their own parents or other adults than ever have been harmed by rotties .
I have no problem with rotties or any other breed of dog
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >