Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Thanks for the link, I'm calling tomorrow. I'd love to see someone work a small dog and be shown how. Jins a quick learner, its me that fails her....I have no experience or knowledge of obedience, and all the dog trainers at my training club handle normal sized dogs too! However, the chairman works Corgi's and I'm starting her classes (monthly) this Winter, it'll be ace, and for small dogs only.
They do not get much better than Kamal who competes in Ch C and judges ticket too.

He is a LOVELY man, a super trainer and I have been on several of his workshops and seen him with other handlers who have Pugs, JRT, etc.

Even if you do not handle, you will learn a LOT by spectating from a master and no doubt he will have some top handlers on his course.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
They do not get much better than Kamal who competes in Ch C and judges ticket too.

He is a LOVELY man, a super trainer and I have been on several of his workshops and seen him with other handlers who have Pugs, JRT, etc.

Even if you do not handle, you will learn a LOT by spectating from a master and no doubt he will have some top handlers on his course.
Eeep I was going to handle if there was space but bit nervous now.... Scary.
WufWufs
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't know much about YKC, but just looked on the website- it says on the YKC site:

[URL]http://www.ykc.org.uk/competing/obedience/[URL] "Please also ensure you read the YKC Obedience Rules & Regulations fully" - in the rules it then says

"All handlers must be an fully paid up member of the YKC before entering an obedience
competition.
 Members must ensure that their fees to the Young Kennel Club (YKC) are up to date and
fully paid in order to enter any Young Kennel Club class. If you enter a Crufts qualifier
and you have not previously paid your membership fee then any award will not count
towards qualification for Crufts. Proof of membership fee payment will be required in
order for an award to be accepted and confirmed as a Crufts qualification
 Members must be aged 6 years and up to, but not including their 25th birthday."

which seems clear enough to me...if you're not a member, you're not eligible, it's rubbish that you've had a disappointment, but if you don't read the rules before entering...you're in for a lot of disappointments with KC regulated events - if you break any rules, you get disqualified, its not like a fun dog show...
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by WufWufs View Post
I don't know much about YKC, but just looked on the website- it says on the YKC site:

[URL]http://www.ykc.org.uk/competing/obedience/[URL] "Please also ensure you read the YKC Obedience Rules & Regulations fully" - in the rules it then says

"All handlers must be an fully paid up member of the YKC before entering an obedience
competition.
 Members must ensure that their fees to the Young Kennel Club (YKC) are up to date and
fully paid in order to enter any Young Kennel Club class. If you enter a Crufts qualifier
and you have not previously paid your membership fee then any award will not count
towards qualification for Crufts. Proof of membership fee payment will be required in
order for an award to be accepted and confirmed as a Crufts qualification
 Members must be aged 6 years and up to, but not including their 25th birthday."

which seems clear enough to me...if you're not a member, you're not eligible, it's rubbish that you've had a disappointment, but if you don't read the rules before entering...you're in for a lot of disappointments with KC regulated events - if you break any rules, you get disqualified, its not like a fun dog show...
What exactly are you trying to imply?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Eeep I was going to handle if there was space but bit nervous now.... Scary.
You should not let the level of other handlers on a course bother you, everyone is there to learn and improve otherwise they would not be there.

You will find everyone very friendly and supportive.

What helps me is remembering this:

What is the worst thing that can happen? Nobody usually dies.............
WufWufs
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-09-2012, 07:26 PM
If you're competing in KC regulated events, check the KC regulations...as others have said - if you can't be a member past your 25th birthday, you can't be eligible for an event taking place after your 25th birthday
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:29 PM
You should not let the level of other handlers on a course bother you, everyone is there to learn and improve otherwise they would not be there.

You will find everyone very friendly and supportive.

What helps me is remembering this:

What is the worst thing that can happen? Nobody usually dies.............
How long has it been advertised? I hope there are hander spaces left. I'd be gagging to try things out the whole time I'm there.

Got Scent 1 at the end of this month which I'm really excited about as Jin is certainly a sniffer!

Thanks SB. Please linky any other awesome courses.....I dont know how you find them all?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Oh love, I'm so sorry xxx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:36 PM
How long has it been advertised? I hope there are hander spaces left. I'd be gagging to try things out the whole time I'm there.

Got Scent 1 at the end of this month which I'm really excited about as Jin is certainly a sniffer!

Thanks SB. Please linky any other awesome courses.....I dont know how you find them all?
Not sure how long this has been advertised but do consider going along as a spectator if you cannot go as a handler.

Philomena Barnes is in your area I think who is an ace trainer and obedience competitor.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Not sure how long this has been advertised but do consider going along as a spectator if you cannot go as a handler.

Philomena Barnes is in your area I think who is an ace trainer and obedience competitor.
How do you know of all these people?!

And I'll be going as long as there is a space! Thanks again for the link!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >