Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 12:27 PM

Archie's having an off day.

Poor wee man. I'm not sure what's up with him today, but he ain't himself.

Hie tail is usually up in the air and furiously wagging as he jumps round us in the morning. This morning he came in and sat as I greeted him (me thinking that at last the training was paying off, lol!).

When we came downstairs he stayed in his crate, only coming out as we got ready to leave. He came up to me as he does when I tell him off. Head lowered, licking lips tail held low and wagging. I asked the girls if anything had happened with him earlier, but nothing had.

I worried that he may be dreading getting the Halti on since this last week out on walks he's made several attempts to take it off. So I just clipped his lead on to his collar.

No pulling on our walk, only a half hearted bark at another dog, compared to the usual hysteria. (Any other time I'd be thinking his training has finally worked!) He still had a good run at the field. Back home and he's back in the crate.... nothing to unusual there, but he hasn't come out to try and steal some of my breakfast...

Some of the other owners at the field were saying theirs are a bit "off" today, but no specific symtoms.

So I reckon that Archie is sickening for something. Or do dogs just have off days like us people?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 12:31 PM
AWwww poor Archie, sounds to me like he may be sickening for something or fighting something off. Hope he feels better soon.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Poor wee Archie.

There seems to be a lot of sickness/tummy trouble going round at the moment, so really hope he isn't coming down with this
Hope he's feeling better soon.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 01:01 PM
awww poor boy,i hope hes feeling better soon
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh bless his little cottons

Hope that Archie is feeling more like himself soon xxxx
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 02:47 PM
hope he feels better soon - bless him
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Thank you everyone. :smt001
He ate treats off fellow walkers today. But refused his breakfast this morning. I even tried dampening it with some warm water, but no good. (Much to the joy of Willow! )

So looks like he's coming down with something. Bless him, he's curled up at the back of Willow's crate looking sorry for himself!

I've got the rice and chicken on standby to try him with a little of that this evening.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Poor Archie, hope he feels better soon.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Well, poor Arch threw up about 4.30pm. I assume it was the remains of the treats he got this morning on our walk. The kids gave him a tiny morsel of chicken round 6pm, which he brough up 5 min later. Now he's bringing up the usual foamy liquid you get when their stomachs are empty. Bless him, He's wandering round looking for somewhere comfy to lie. There's only an old sheet in the crate, cos he's managed to vomit over the blankets and duvets each time.

So no dinner for him tonight - though I don't think he's gonna miss it, and we'll see how he is in the morning for some chicken and rice. So not like him to be off his feed. Willow was scoffing down some excess chicken when I cooked our dinner tonight, he never even looked.

Is there anything I can add to his water (a little honey?)to give him a little energy, or am I best just giving pure water?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Poor Archie - how is he this morning?

Not sure about what you can add to the water, our vet gave us a powder to mix in with Hoki's when she was ill - I think it was basically a glucosey thing to give her a bit more energy, but that was because it had been going on for days without her keeping food down.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >